Pars v Rovers

Killie sold out that stand and the atmosphere was still shite due to our enveloping apathy.
I was going to say Rovers won with a last minute Allan Walker header but they just celebrated it like a victory.
Aye, understandable given we were 2-0 down with ten minutes to go. It was pretty unthinkable up until the combination of Andy Kirk missing an open goal and one of your players getting sent off.

The problem with playing Ross from the start and dropping Tait deeper to cover Matthews is that it leaves us no options from the bench to change things. 

So would expect BRS to start, which is less than perfect for us. Not expecting Bene to be fit either.

Agree with what others have said, would not be surprised to be on the end of Grant's first win. Small squad, struggling with a couple of injuries and suspensions - Dunfermline having stopped the worst of the rot and not losing anymore.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

The problem with playing Ross from the start and dropping Tait deeper to cover Matthews is that it leaves us no options from the bench to change things. 

So would expect BRS to start, which is less than perfect for us. Not expecting Bene to be fit either.

Agree with what others have said, would not be surprised to be on the end of Grant's first win. Small squad, struggling with a couple of injuries and suspensions - Dunfermline having stopped the worst of the rot and not losing anymore.

I mean…we still lost to a shite Queens’ side and were 30 seconds away from losing to Killie as well.

We are still absolutely shite.

Lang for Bene and Pop for Varian are more than competent replacements however I have a feeling Varian will be fine for Tuesday. Being at EEP is a factor due to having not the best record but Dunfermline are shite so we really have nothing to fear. 

Bizarre to see folk suggest this is an easy win for us on paper and that Dunfermline are shite. It's a cliche but with derbies anything can happen. We're currently the form team in the league but we're missing several key players this time around. As mentioned before, Ross Matthews is a huge loss for us: in the past when we've missed him we've looked a much poorer side. Factor in the potential return of Wilson and I don't think this is nearly as one sided as folk think.

I don’t think playing BRS from the start is near as disastrous as being made out. His best performances have come from the start in the ‘bigger’ games, Celtic aside. It’s a big blow to lose Matthews but I, personally, can’t see McGlynn not using BRS from the start.
If we assume Varian is also out, it would leave us with absolutely nothing on the bench if we start Poplatnik, Ross, Zanatta and Connelly. I’d rather have the option should we need to chase the game late on.

No matter how good or bad we are, Raith very rarely get a win at EEP. They are in form, and we are shite, but I think a draw is written all over this. We have a decent pool of players being managed by a complete dud, so there is still room for individual excellence which could help us get a badly needed win, if we just sit back and play on the counter. Can’t see it though. We can’t buy a goal at the moment.

There is no point in willing a defeat because Grant isn’t going anywhere for a good while yet.

The home crowd will be very poor and atmosphere will be non-existent. Probably just sit back as I said and play for scrappy set pieces. Don’t lose at all costs tactics. It’s so fucking shite to watch, typical of a team battling relegation.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Bizarre to see folk suggest this is an easy win for us on paper and that Dunfermline are shite. It's a cliche but with derbies anything can happen. We're currently the form team in the league but we're missing several key players this time around. As mentioned before, Ross Matthews is a huge loss for us: in the past when we've missed him we've looked a much poorer side. Factor in the potential return of Wilson and I don't think this is nearly as one sided as folk think.

You’re the form team in the league and we’re bottom, without a victory all season.

Rovers might not win but it’s hardly “bizarre” that most people fancy an away win.

I’m one of those who suggested we should win on paper and the rest of your post pretty much mirrors what else I said and backs up the point that we should ‘on paper’ win.

Form team in the league with the manager who most would agree is the best in the league against a team who haven’t won in ten games being managed by a guy so far out of his depth it’s barely believable.
That’s an ‘on paper’ win if ever I heard one.

But as you said in the rest of your post, and I also said in my post, this is a derby, we’ve got a lot of starters out, add in a few other factors and remember that games aren’t played on paper and there’s no way this is an easy win for us.

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Killie sold out that stand and the atmosphere was still shite due to our enveloping apathy.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

The home crowd will be very poor and atmosphere will be non-existent. 

Atmosphere will be brilliant. I’ll buy and air horn and my pal will bring his bugle 🎺 . I think the Rovers young team have a drum 🥁.

I’m sure the Pars young team will have a bedsheet display too. What more could you want?

21 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Poplatnik could barely last 70 minutes today so I can't see him having 90 in him on Tuesday and the only option on the bench is Mitchell. 

This will be the game where our small squad costs us. 

Pops was doing a lot to cover the missing man, which wore him down early, so he can probably make 90 if he knows so before hand. Mitchell wou”d be fine for 10-20 p, if needed…however…

21 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Even if Varian makes a recovery I'd still start Poplatnik, I think he's a better option for bringing our midfield into the game. Varian ploughs a lone furrow without quite achieving the same link-ups. 

Lang's a good player, I'm a big fan of his, but I would be much happier with Bene. It's just such a strong partnership that he and Berra have. Big shoes for Lang to fill, but we'll see. 

BRS is a bit of a wildcard. I wouldn't be astonished to see McGlynn pull Tait back into the base of midfield and put Ethan Ross into the attacking three. It'd be bold, but I'd quite like to see it... 

Don’t forget that Zanatta has a background at CF as well…imagine starting Ross/Zanatta/Connolly across the front…and keeping Pops in reserve for whichever tires first, then slipping him in at CF and the other two cover the wings.