Pars v Rovers

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Huge blow to now likely be without three starters after today. Benedictus, Varian and Matthews - if we don’t appeal - are all big losses. Away end is sold out, atmosphere will be good, can’t wait.

Not worried about Pops for Varian and Lang for Bene, but Riley-Snow as the likely replacement for Matthews is a less sanguine thought. I don’t expect an appeal, as the video from the Railway Stand looked like a convincing red card challenge.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Fully expecting a shite quality game, with Rovers eventually winning 2-0.

Young team will be out in force on Tuesday night so I’d leave your grandmothers in Kirkcaldy.

I’m kinda doubting that PG won’t find a way to shitfest his way to a draw and extend his term at EEP, luckily for us (except those damn draws). 

Even if Varian makes a recovery I'd still start Poplatnik, I think he's a better option for bringing our midfield into the game. Varian ploughs a lone furrow without quite achieving the same link-ups. 

Lang's a good player, I'm a big fan of his, but I would be much happier with Bene. It's just such a strong partnership that he and Berra have. Big shoes for Lang to fill, but we'll see. 

BRS is a bit of a wildcard. I wouldn't be astonished to see McGlynn pull Tait back into the base of midfield and put Ethan Ross into the attacking three. It'd be bold, but I'd quite like to see it... 

It wouldn't shock me massively if we were to scrap a win here if Raith are without Mathews.

I'm not saying we'll play well, or even deserve it, but with the amount of vital and good first team players Raith could be missing I see an opportunity for us to shitfest an undeserved 1-0

4 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It wouldn't shock me massively if we were to scrap a win here if Raith are without Mathews.

I'm not saying we'll play well, or even deserve it, but with the amount of vital and good first team players Raith could be missing I see an opportunity for us to shitfest an undeserved 1-0

Particularly if Iain Wilson is back. 

5 minutes ago, Michael W said:

You give us three points. 

Grant gets his jotters. 

Deal? 

Give me a rovers win and grant sacked i'll be happy.

Unfortunately that unlikely,  our choices are between a rovers win and grant staying or a draw and grant staying.  So i'll take the draw, despite that being a shit result in the context of our season.

38 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

You're on to something here. An astute observation. It's the Rovers' way after all to gift points to lesser and lower league teams. Our erses will have been skelped by 21.40hrs Tuesday and you called it first.☹️

Get Wilson, Breen and Kennedy in for this. Dow has been anonymous, Vytas is clearly carrying an injury and Iain Wilson is just a tremendous footballer.

Not got much enthusiasm for this tbh but I can see us getting at least a draw. The PG draw machine keeps on churning, boys.

When was the last time the Rovers beat us at home in a league match? Genuinely struggling to remember. Was it in 2009? Think they won 2-0.

9 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Get Wilson, Breen and Kennedy in for this. Dow has been anonymous, Vytas is clearly carrying an injury and Iain Wilson is just a tremendous footballer.

Not got much enthusiasm for this tbh but I can see us getting at least a draw. The PG draw machine keeps on churning, boys.

When was the last time the Rovers beat us at home in a league match? Genuinely struggling to remember. Was it in 2009? Think they won 2-0.

Bang on. It's almost like you looked it up and pretended you didn't 

Bang on. It's almost like you looked it up and pretended you didn't 

I couldn’t be arsed going through results over a decade ago in all honesty. It was just the first game that popped in to my head. That’s quite a shit record Rovers have at EEP tbh.

Aye our recent record at East End is very poor, not sure Dunfermline’s is all that much better at Stark’s though, home advantage has key in the derby in recent years.

The Grant Murray years really hurt our record in this fixture. This century our record, outwith Grant Murray’s tenure is:

Played: 24    
Won: 9   
Lost: 8   
Draws: 5

Under Grant Murray it was:

Player: 6    
Won: 1   
Lost: 4   
Draws: 1

On to this game, with Matthews and Benedictus likely to be out, I would gladly accept a point right now. Agree with everything RATM said in terms of Ross in for Matthews which is obviously the brave option and also as much as I like Lang, I would be much happier with Bene in given his performances this season. Poplatnik comes in for Varian for me, even if Varian is fit.

Hopefully a good game, weirdly looking forward to being in a different stand, the fact it’s sold out and right beside the Pars fans should make it a good atmosphere.

Unfortunately I agree that this is reasonably likely.

On paper this is an easy win for Rovers. We are a better team with a manager who is light years ahead.
But we’ll be missing three starters and the guys who played yesterday have had a tougher shift than usual having to play the second half a man down and don’t have much time to recover.

Add in the fact it’s a derby and the chance for an ‘upset’ is a reasonable one.