Deelightful Dundee v Calamitous County

On 23/10/2021 at 17:14, Jacksgranda said:

Happy now? @johnnydun and @Ludo*1

ETA: I thought I only had to do this if you won? I like Dundee (yes even after last week) but I'm not doing this until the end of the season...

Nice one @Jacksgranda. You've jinxed them a beauty haha

4 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Our manager was a centre half.... if something he may have got right it could of been this...  our defence does not have the quality to be in this league.

Kerr can't defend, Marshall can't defend. Ashcroft can't defend. Sweeney meh . Fontaine less said the better. 

Just had some some cherry bakewells. Cracking cakes 

McPake was a blood and thunder defender who put his body on the line and threw himself in to everything to defend his box, he was not a composed defender who read the game well. This Dundee defence reflects that.

Usually I’m a mcpake defender….I’m done.

Last year regardless of the football played I defended him as because like everyone else my goal was promotion whether it be through playoffs or not he did that and deserved a go at the big time with his own team, having said that,

10 games in with 1 win is not acceptable for any manager especially getting gubbed 5-0(likely with more to come) at home against a side that’s bottom of the table , time to go.

Just now, EpicMike said:

McPake was a blood and thunder defender who put his body on the line and threw himself in to everything to defend his box, he was not a composed defender who read the game well. This Dundee defence reflects that.

This defence reflects f**k all. Awful. 5 goals at home. Wasnt McPake waffling about making Dens a fortress or some nonsense ( I could be making this up). 

Plus side its no cold tonight. Fairly mild and rain is off 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Looked real good running up the wing, maybe wait til he plays a real defence first.

He's been our best defender so far this season by a country mile. Head and shoulders above the rest.

Just now, Robin.Hood said:

This defence reflects f**k all. Awful. 5 goals at home. Wasnt McPake waffling about making Dens a fortress or some nonsense ( I could be making this up). 

Plus side its no cold tonight. Fairly mild and rain is off 

They desperately throw themselves in to tackles and blocks to defend their goal, but the best defences don't have to do that, because their shape and organisation means they don't need to. Bad teams defend bravely, good teams defend smartly.