Deelightful Dundee v Calamitous County

I have to criticise County for one thing. Clarke's celebration after his goal was also one of the worst things I've ever seen. I honestly felt sexually violated after it.

Just watched the highlights - I’ve no idea what he’s up to but I love it. Hungbo with an interesting celebration as well, what’s that about County fans?

Serious question: I thought Dundee had ambitious American owners? The McPake thing is clearly not working, how he can remain in the job after that is beyond me. If he stays you are surely going down.

3 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Just watched the highlights - I’ve no idea what he’s up to but I love it. Hungbo with an interesting celebration as well, what’s that about County fans?

Serious question: I thought Dundee had ambitious American owners? The McPake thing is clearly not working, how he can remain in the job after that is beyond me. If he stays you are surely going down.

Our Americans are not your stereotypical Americans in that instead of being ruthless in business, they value loyalty above all else. Admirable at times, absolutely infuriating and detrimental to the club in scenarios like us.

22 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

We must have the only yank businessmen who DON'T fire folk immediately for failure. Nelms has proven time and time again to be useless at recruitment. Any other club would have binned McPake before he'd even fluked us up through the play-offs, never mind giving him what will probably be an entire season in the top division. Mental stuff. 

1 minute ago, Day of the Lords said:

Any other club would have binned McPake before he'd even fluked us up through the play-offs...

And therein lies the problem.  From their perspective, they did the right thing keeping him when we all said GTF...and they were proved right.   No reason they'd think differently now.  Unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, hk blues said:

And therein lies the problem.  From their perspective, they did the right thing keeping him when we all said GTF...and they were proved right.   No reason they'd think differently now.  Unfortunately. 

You'd hope the fact that he's producing McIntyre-esque results would set off some sort of alarm bell in Nelms's head, but probably not. 

Just now, Day of the Lords said:

You'd hope the fact that he's producing McIntyre-esque results would set off some sort of alarm bell in Nelms's head, but probably not. 

You'd think!

From the BoD's perspective from a distance, he brough us up and has us competing for our place in the league.  We've just had 2 solid results against the "better" teams and only been outplayed twice this season before last night (Saints and Celtic).  It's not hard to see how a dispassionate BoD may not feel he's doing as badly as we on the ground think.

For the avoidance of doubt - he should go now.  Not because of last night in itself, but a pattern of 1 step forward and 1 step back for both the team and McPake himself doesn't inspire confidence for a brighter outlook.  

2 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

If County had a defence (not that we came close to testing their actual defence, more referring to previous results), with a pacey attack like that they wouldn't have to sweat about the drop.

Maybe it only looked pacy against your defence?

19 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I have to criticise County for one thing. Clarke's celebration after his goal was also one of the worst things I've ever seen. I honestly felt sexually violated after it.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

FCyDWl7WEAINuwo?format=jpg&name=900x900

A few controversial moments in Scottish matches last night.

Arguments over handball’s, penalties, unhappy managers, and supporters.

Not one person has mentioned the object thrown from the Dundee support at a Ross County player when Ross County scored.

Just saying!

11 minutes ago, Amanda1900 said:

Not one person has mentioned the object thrown from the Dundee support at a Ross County player when Ross County scored.

Just saying!

Finding it tough to see what your point is here Amanda you’ve maybe been a bit too subtle about the issue.

18 minutes ago, Amanda1900 said:

Just saying!

Shared Leigh-on-Sea xoxo