Mark Connolly

With the sad passing of Colin Powell, now seemed like the ideal time to start this thread.

The intention here is not just to have a poll, but hopefully also build a mini database of recommendations that's easy to look through rather than hunting in the main golfers thread.

Normally P&B polls would be a top 5 or top 10 from everyone, but I think increasing it up to a Top 20  from Scotland and a Top 10 from the Rest of the World should give us a broad range of results, while also hopefully still allowing the cream to rise to the top. Feel free to submit fewer courses, but at least a Scottish Top 10 and a ROTW Top 5. It's up to you whether you want to decide on your ranking based on just the course itself, or the entire experience (eg a Durness-style honesty box v the whole show at Kingsbarns).

PLEASE MAKE YOUR LIST ONLY FROM COURSES YOU HAVE PLAYED

Anyone wishing to submit a list should PM them to me by 11.59pm on Sunday 7th November (so a little over two weeks from now), and I'll try to post the first result that Monday or Tuesday.

If I've forgotten to mention anything, I'll edit this post as appropriate.

Edited by Mark Connolly

2 minutes ago, funky_nomad said:

Do you want comments as we submit (eg lovely course but the bacon butties come with generic tomato ketchup), or keep them for the post-list debate?

Why not both? If you want to attach a comment, feel free, but it's not necessary

• 2 weeks later...

We managed a whole 4 submissions.

I'm not sure it's worthwhile doing a run down based on that, so the plan is to do what was already my contingency, and have this turn into a course review thread. If anyone wants to write a course review, I'll link it in the reserved posts and that should make it easy for anyone to find info about a course they'd like to play.

Alternatively, if anyone wants to stick to the original poll, let me know and I will accept further submissions until this Sunday