Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Someone on Set

Michael W

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I doubt actors will be relied on to do any checks. What possible qualification could they have? If Jeniffer Aniston  used a gun in a film would you be expecting her to give it a quick check?

I had thought he was messing about, but have since read he was shooting towards a camera for a scene. He sounds pretty blameless to me.

I said if Baldwin had done a check it might not have happened.  That's not the same as me suggesting that it was Baldwin's job to check the gun, that he should be relied on to ensure the gun was safe, or that any blame should be attached to him.  However that's the second time I've had to make that clarification which probably means I didn't word my point correctly - sorry to all for causing confusion!  

Actually there are plenty of people in the darker corners of the internet saying that he should be blamed/charged/whatever, but they seem to be mostly perma-raging NRA gun nuts (Baldwin was/is evidently quite vocally in favour of tighter gun controls) so their opinions can probably be safely filed in the bin.   

35 minutes ago, resk said:

I said if Baldwin had done a check it might not have happened.  That's not the same as me suggesting that it was Baldwin's job to check the gun, that he should be relied on to ensure the gun was safe, or that any blame should be attached to him.  However that's the second time I've had to make that clarification which probably means I didn't word my point correctly - sorry to all for causing confusion!  

Actually there are plenty of people in the darker corners of the internet saying that he should be blamed/charged/whatever, but they seem to be mostly perma-raging NRA gun nuts (Baldwin was/is evidently quite vocally in favour of tighter gun controls) so their opinions can probably be safely filed in the bin.   

Trump junior's flogging this:

image.thumb.png.4dbd07f43f10d69049e042b58698decf.png

According to the Santa Fe Sheriff there were 3 guns available to Baldwin, a totally safe plastic replica, a modified army revolver that might be only capable of firing blanks, and the gun handed to Baldwin that he'd fired live rounds from before. Sounds like it would have been difficult to accidentally hand over the wrong gun. 500 rounds were found on set, a mixture of live rounds, blanks and fakes. Sounds like murder by the assistant director or a total clusterfuck of negligence, in which case the director and producers will come into play. Baldwin is still an official suspect.

14 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Why would live rounds be kept on a film set?

This whole story makes no sense. Sounds more and more like deliberate sabotage.

The cops found loads of them, and the crew used to borrow the guns for shooting tin cans on their breaks. Sounds like a total neglect of normal safety procedures from top to bottom, whether or not the bullet was placed in Baldwin's gun deliberately.

1 hour ago, Gaz said:

Why would live rounds be kept on a film set?

This whole story makes no sense. Sounds more and more like deliberate sabotage.

Keeping in mind you'd probably find live ammunition in the average nursery over there it's not that surprising.

You've got to be prepared, maybe they thought some real pesky red skins might turn up to carry on their war.

On 27/10/2021 at 18:33, ICTJohnboy said:

Police have announced they've now recovered "a lead projectile" from director Joel Souza's shoulder.

This is believed to be the same "lead projectile" that killed Halyna Hutchins.

So, a bullet, aye?  :P

Continuing with the American investigative TV show theme, if this was an episode of CSI: Miami, it'd turn out that the "lead projectile" wasn't the same as the one that killed the DoP. Something something pun about lead/bullets/shootings then sunglasses!

19 minutes ago, BFTD said:

So, a bullet, aye?  :P

Continuing with the American investigative TV show theme, if this was an episode of CSI: Miami, it'd turn out that the "lead projectile" wasn't the same as the one that killed the DoP. Something something pun about lead/bullets/shootings then sunglasses!

Think that was the gist of it!

Seemingly, in the good old U.S. of A., real guns are easier and cheaper to acquire than prop guns.
So, if there are budgetary or time constraints on your production, your best choice is to go for real guns and rely on your crew not using them with live ammo for target practice during their downtime.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Lofarl said:

He's getting sued.  Not by her family.  No no.  By someone who was there and now feels all sad.  So sad that she's wanting a massive paycheck.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59328040

The family will either sue or be paid off.

The people on set are likely to have been negatively impacted and in Hollywood that means they are due a pay out.