Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Someone on Set

Michael W

47 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

its a major f**k-up and thoughts and prayers etc etc but I question the coverage it is getting. It is on BBC Radio Scotland news as I type FFS. I don't recall similar blanket coverage when a stuntman died on Deadpool 2 a couple of years ago. In fact am sure there have been other deaths and accidents on movie sets since that have barely been reported outside of the industry journals .....

Questioning the coverage it's receiving in relation to other 'stories' is legitimate and rational enough, but questioning why it's received more than other deaths on movie sets is bonkers. 

As others have said, the fact that a famous actor fired the shot(s) on this occasion is pretty significant in terms of the profile granted to the event.

6 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

it came above the horror story that is drivers to be inconvenienced because of some COP road closures. 

I would have thought the Acorn carbon capture story and the assurances offered by the UK Government would have mad more mileage and would maybe be worth highlighting on an hourly basis rather than Alex Baldwin. Wonder what the reporting would have bene like if it were William or Stephen....

Boooorrriing!

2 hours ago, KingRocketman II said:

so because an American actor - reasonably famous from TV - accidentally shoots someone with a prop gun then you agree this should be one of the leads on BBC Radio Scotland news and run on the hour every hour (or there abouts)?

That to me is bizarre. 

The Brandon Lee accident got loads of airtime here for a few days back in the Nineties, and I don't think most people had even heard of him.

They might have known his old man, right enough.