Alec Baldwin Fatally Shoots Someone on Set

Michael W

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Real guns are used to fire blanks, you'd think that with CGI they could find a way to simulate the noise and flash of gunfire.

You should watch the making of "Predator".  At one point in the film Arnie and the boys fires hundreds of rounds into the forest and you can see the vegetation being mowed down.

Only thing is this - they were firing blanks - so they had to think of solution to make it look like the bullets were real.

33 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Keep reading this as "Alec Baldwin Finally Shoots Someone on Set" as if he's been threatening to do it for years.

I didn't see this before...but since this that's all I can see. The thread title should probably be changed to reflect this.

If anything this has got me interested in how the make films. How do they blast holes in the walls and stuff without projectiles?

NrP8fJM.gif

Just now, scottsdad said:

I didn't see this before...but since this that's all I can see. The thread title should probably be changed to reflect this.

If anything this has got me interested in how the make films. How do they blast holes in the walls and stuff without projectiles?

NrP8fJM.gif

They use small explosive charges which they can control the time they‘re due to explode. 

I remember reading years about a young and upcoming actor in the 80s shooting himself, for a joke, in the temple with a blank firing prop gun, though no bullet came out the pressure caused a coin sized part of his skull to be forced into his brain causing a massive haemorrhage that killed him. Because they’re real guns particles of previously used real bullets can be released when the blank is fired, likely the cause with Alec Baldwin. 

Whoever was in charge of the props should be fired……

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

NrP8fJM.gif

Same here!

1 minute ago, theSilverFox said:

I remember reading years about a young and upcoming actor in the 80s shooting himself, for a joke, in the temple with a blank firing prop gun, though no bullet came out the pressure caused a coin sized part of his skull to be forced into his brain causing a massive haemorrhage that killed him. Because they’re real guns particles of previously used real bullets can be released when the blank is fired, likely the cause with Alec Baldwin. 

Even a  blank round still fires a projectile of sorts.  Usually a cotton wad that's there to keep the charge in place.

4 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Jon-Erik Hexum.

3 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

It could be the gun had just been used in a previous scene and Baldwin picked it up and fired it as a joke.

16 minutes ago, German Jag said:

They use small explosive charges which they can control the time they‘re due to explode. 

Not sure I'd feel overly safe with that! Take the Shatner gif - his head is just in front of a small explosive charge? 

Makes sense of course, rather than having someone spray bullets at the man, but interesting how things are made to look one way.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It could be the gun had just been used in a previous scene and Baldwin picked it up and fired it as a joke.

He’s probably been shooting it for a scene but shooting at something off camera or out of shot pardon the pun. And the people shot were in the firing line off set. 

its a major f**k-up and thoughts and prayers etc etc but I question the coverage it is getting. It is on BBC Radio Scotland news as I type FFS. I don't recall similar blanket coverage when a stuntman died on Deadpool 2 a couple of years ago. In fact am sure there have been other deaths and accidents on movie sets since that have barely been reported outside of the industry journals .....