Season 4: Episode 4

On 23/10/2021 at 21:22, Wile E Coyote said:

Never been into or played Subbuteo but it looks absolute shite

The refusal to play the 8 at the back, gap-free Catenaccio formation the auld timers were playing is what probably stymied my Subbuteo days.  I'm not picking Johan Cruyff as a third sweeper

On 26/10/2021 at 14:07, Cardle is Magic said:

The video features on the show are often excellent. Sort of content that BBC should have been producing for Scottish football for years.

I always got the sense that the folk who commissioned football coverage at BBC Scotland were not football fans (I’m visualising private school, rugby types). The concept that some people with IQs into double, and in some cases triple figures liked football must have been alien to them. The Terrace is a welcome, belated antidote to decades of personality-vacuum former old firm player pundits. 

On 26/10/2021 at 14:07, Cardle is Magic said:

The video features on the show are often excellent. Sort of content that BBC should have been producing for Scottish football for years.

I have noticed BBC Scotland have tried copying them for their Scottish Cup coverage - see the effort below - and it's really a poor man's version in every respect: 

On 23/10/2021 at 21:22, Wile E Coyote said:

Never been into or played Subbuteo but it looks absolute shite

You have to go back to a time when this was the most sophisticated electronic football simulation...

On 26/10/2021 at 12:50, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

The refusal to play the 8 at the back, gap-free Catenaccio formation the auld timers were playing is what probably stymied my Subbuteo days.  I'm not picking Johan Cruyff as a third sweeper

Absolutely this, 442 or GTF!