Celtic v St Johnstone (Easy 3 points)

No complaints there, better team strolled it, could've been a couple more really.

We offered nothing in the final third and its becoming a theme now, manager needs to get us more threatening and quickly. Not as if there weren't signs of it last season too. Today not really the day for judgements I guess.

17 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

A Celtic player also got booked for being kicked while on the deck and then being swung at so the less said about Nick Walsh the better. 

Fairly sure that booking was for the scrap afterwards tbh.

Interesting to see Middleton and MacPherson mentioned. 

The former for me largely underwhelmed last season but came up with the goods at huge moments. That in itself can hide a multitude of sins but you need to keep producing them, or otherwise you are left with?

We are so shorn of players with a modicum of flair, plus pace, that guys like Middleton are always revered a bit more than their ability justifies.

MacPherson I fear could be the new hero of the Dotty Bar Loyal; that first half booking was prime Callachan. There were also several Paton-esque long passes that cause you to misplace your grubby paw of popcorn.

I accept we want to replace McCann's energy but take your time and get it right.

Thought the rest of the team were alright but it was as passive and unadventurous as we've been under the manager possibly. Maybe a hangover from last week but lets not just accept performances like that please.

Two great games coming up this week to hopefully restoke the fire.

24 minutes ago, Radford said:

I accept we want to replace McCann's energy but take your time and get it right.

Guess that's the benefit of having so many loans, we're not tied to them for any length of time.

The only reason I'm not writing MacPherson off completely is because the manager seems to rate him highly so there must be something there.

Does anyone know what happened in the corner between the main stand and the jock stein stand was today? Everyone looked over but f**k knows what it was about, can’t find anything. Loads of racket coming from there and whistling 

Edited by candycelt

Thought Joe Harte played well today at centre half,Gordon made a wee difference today for the saints 2-0 pumping.
Good to see the big Greek get his first start and goal,Kane should've been sent-off for kicking CCV when hes on the ground.
Mikey Johnston looks sharp when he came on,unlucky not to score with the one off the post.
Easy 3 points.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Fairly sure that booking was for the scrap afterwards tbh.

Kane should have been shown a red for that kick the reaction was perfectly understandable.

The fact Walsh missed it and then missed Kane raise his hands to CCV’s face was doubly incompetent.

The temerity to then book CCV just compounded how useless this guy is

7 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Kane should have been shown a red for that kick the reaction was perfectly understandable.

The fact Walsh missed it and then missed Kane raise his hands to CCV’s face was doubly incompetent.

Shite.

The lad fell on the ball and trapped it between his legs to stop Kane playing it.  Obstruction all day long.

Kane had every right to try to play it and was harshly punished.

0819ba96d74d93c1e7b8f83b102eacc0.jpg

Considering this didn’t even get a warning, we’re not even even on the poor decisions.

It’s not about being even it’s about whether the decision was correct or not.

Quite frankly, CCV deserved it.

In fact, I’d go so far as to say he’s walked into Kanes hand to try and deliberately get him sent off. Disgraceful play acting.

2 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Quite frankly, CCV deserved it.

In fact, I’d go so far as to say he’s walked into Kanes hand to try and deliberately get him sent off. Disgraceful play acting.

aye he deserved a punch in the face for reacting to Kane being a p***k and kicking him in the chest 🤨

At least the good guys won….comfortably

Edited by Jinky67

54 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

How’s that a booking each?

Because of Carter-Vickers reaction.

38 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Carter-Vickers obstructed the ball and the acted violently. Its a booking.

Did the ref make a mistake not sending Kane off? Probably, but thats not what Celtic fans are arguing about, for some reason.

16 hours ago, candycelt said:

Does anyone know what happened in the corner between the main stand and the jock stein stand was today? Everyone looked over but f**k knows what it was about, can’t find anything. Loads of racket coming from there and whistling 

I was behind the goal at the Jock Stein stand a few blocks along (139). I think someone collapsed and the crowd were calling for medical assistance.