St Cuthbert's Wanderers Vs Gala.

Marinello

Each season I attend early rounds of the Scottish Cup. This Saturday it's ' all roads lead to Kirkcudbright' 

Looking forward to this tie ( albeit straining my ear to my 1960's transistor radio to hear how Motherwell are faring in far off Dundee land!).

Was wondering if anyone could give me the low down on both teams, who to look out for and any delights of Kirkcudbright during my two day stay.

Saints are having a good season, top of the South league and beat nearest rivals Threave a few months back. Good chance of a wee upset here.

Kirkcudbright is a lovely wee town, as is the surrounding area. Loads of great places for walks if that's your thing. There's also a planetarium and the gallery has recently opened an exhibition of items from the Galloway Viking Hoard, which I'm looking to visit when I can.

This weekend is also Kirkcudbright Food Festival and there's a big marquee up with various stalls, as well as cooking demos.

Selkirk Arms is great for food and if you want a stomach-bursting breakfast The Belfry is the place to go.

Many, many thanks Stu for taking the time to provide feedback. Makes the anticipation all the better.

I'm assuming Gala from the higher league should win but as with the previous round I went to( Newtongrange Vs Dalbeattie) the lesser team on paper ( Newtongrange) nearly won the first game. Dalbeattie won replay.

Big thanks again.

Great day out yesterday . Met officials from both teams . All were truly amazing in their commitment to their teams and desire to get to the 3rd round. Although losing SCW gave their all and on another day who knows....

As for Gala , they deservedly won and showed why they are doing well in Lowland League. They will be a handful for any team in 3 rd round and that's despite being short of their best 5 players to injury.

Wee shout out to Stu for his briefing on Kirkcudbright. Great wee town with tremendous hospitality shown by everyone I met. 

Will definitely be back.