Peterhead v Falkirk

Can we continue our recent good form against the banter team of the SPFL? Or will the Q and A session on Tuesday have lit a fire in the Bairns?

Could I please ask any travelling Falkirk fan to leave their poisonous and toxic attitudes at the door please? We've seen how it's affecting your club according to your chairman, we want none of it here. [emoji6]

Fair play to any Falkirk fan that travels up to this.

Sadly the honeymoon period is well and truly over and the decent performance and win against Peterhead in our first home game of the season seems like a distant memory now.

Given how shite we've been at 4-2-3-1 since Morrison got injured and were rank as a 4-4-2 last week, I want to see us to revert back to the 3-5-2 that actually got us some joy against East Fife.

Mutch

Hall Dixon Lemon

McDaid Telfer Nesbitt Ross McCann

Keena Ruth

Subs: Martin, McKay, Miller, Krasniqi, Hetherington, McGuffie, Ompreon

Of course it won't be anything like this. Hetherington and Gary fucking Miller are guaranteed starts, meaning our play will be slow and ponderous as usual. 

Praying for Williamson to be back, at least for a spot on the bench. Genuinely want Sheerin to turn things around but just can't see it happening unfortunately 

Was at that game at TFS when the Falkirk fans were full of enthusiasm & support for the team, possibly not so much for the team but support for the club seems to be a bit subdued now. Still think if that first game had went on for another 10 minutes as after getting one we had the Bairns on the back foot.

After starting our league games with a fine win against Alloa we had a spell of managing  to lose games despite playing not too bad. Have had a couple good results recently so you would think things looking good for us, as we all know these things rarely work out like that. Hope we have a go & win but would think a draw would maybe be acceptable to both teams.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Fair play to any Falkirk fan that travels up to this.

Sadly the honeymoon period is well and truly over and the decent performance and win against Peterhead in our first home game of the season seems like a distant memory now.

Given how shite we've been at 4-2-3-1 since Morrison got injured and were rank as a 4-4-2 last week, I want to see us to revert back to the 3-5-2 that actually got us some joy against East Fife.

Mutch

Hall Dixon Lemon

McDaid Telfer Nesbitt Ross McCann

Keena Ruth

Subs: Martin, McKay, Miller, Krasniqi, Hetherington, McGuffie, Ompreon

Of course it won't be anything like this. Hetherington and Gary fucking Miller are guaranteed starts, meaning our play will be slow and ponderous as usual. 

Praying for Williamson to be back, at least for a spot on the bench. Genuinely want Sheerin to turn things around but just can't see it happening unfortunately 

I'd have Ross as wing back as I don't think McDaid is remotely suitable to the role, plus he was utterly pish last week and I'd have Telfer and Nesbitt either side of Krasniqi. Other than that, I agree with the formation. A back 4 isn't working so it's worth trying something different. Wing back suits McCann more too and I'd shoehorn Ross in there because, although it's not his position, I do think he's probably the most suitable alternative and it would give us a chance to see if the formation works prior to Williamson coming back in.

Alternatively we could plod along with a back 4, playing ridiculous short passes from goalie to centre back and back again with Hetherington doing his not good enough best meaning that Telfer will need to drop back making him far less effective than he should be.

I suspect that Sheerin will go with the latter but with the added gem of sacrificing Keena for McDaid or McGuffie.

If you have any ex Falkirk players in your ranks we are well and truly fucked. Even if you have any players who have passed through Falkirk on the train or in the car we are fucked as they will no doubt raise their game against us. Could I please add that if any Peterhead fan feels the need to boo anything please refrain just incase our precious wee darlings think it's us booing them, we don't want to upset them.

26 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

If you have any ex Falkirk players in your ranks we are well and truly fucked. Even if you have any players who have passed through Falkirk on the train or in the car we are fucked as they will no doubt raise their game against us. Could I please add that if any Peterhead fan feels the need to boo anything please refrain just incase our precious wee darlings think it's us booing them, we don't want to upset them.

Maybe have to get ex-bairn Davie Nicholls to dust off his boots although he has been away for quite a while  🤪

Edited by peternapper

Been dreading this for a week, but still planning on heading up. "Am worried about Peterheed" should never be a phrase that leaves my mouth but it has several times since that honkin display against Airdrie. Just got to hope the weather is at least half decent.

Peterhead 2/1 to win and 5/1 to win with BTTS. I've stuck on both.

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Maybe have to get ex-bairn Davie Nicholls to dust off his boots although he has been away for quite a while  🤪

Davie Nicholls could quite comfortably play on Saturday, and moreover would rule the midfield, against our feather-light piss-poor waste-of-space "captain".  

Expect open-mouthed amazement from Peterhead fans on Saturday when they see how easily they win this game 2-0.  

26 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Payne was on trial with us last season so he’ll raise his game imo.

Niah has been coming on all the time & been a real handful to defenders. Was coming up to train with us without having a contract originally which showed some commitment as was living in England at the time

Another loss, we are absolutely fucking howling, can't keep a clean sheet, can't create never mind score. Our coach is still arsing about trying to find a solution in the second quarter of the season that implements his footballing vision of plan a, whatever the f**k that is. 3-1 Peterhead and comfortable at that. 

7 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Lost count of the number of times on these threads that our opponents fans prior to the game have been saying "we're fucking rotten, easy Peterhead win", only to come up here and hand our arses to us. I'll be delighted with any win on Saturday.

Don't know if you recall us utterly imploding last season and being absolutely brutal. Well it's happening just three quarters of a season earlier. 

18 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

Lost count of the number of times on these threads that our opponents fans prior to the game have been saying "we're fucking rotten, easy Peterhead win", only to come up here and hand our arses to us. I'll be delighted with any win on Saturday.

Was trying to remember which game it that the opposition wanted postponed as they could barely get a team together, of course the game went ahead and we got beat?

Sheerin to revert back to a 4-4-1-1 (4-3-1-1 with Hetherington in there boo) we will have width to cross to one man in the box "Ruth" who will get bullied and be invisible.

Zero fucks given from me after Tuesday and it's the first league I' will have missed.

I'll be watching Tranmere v Northampton......I'm kinda worried as Northampton have few ex Tranmere players

Edited by MrDust