Diamonds v The Sons - 23 Oct

15 hours ago, WeAllDreamOfATeamOfAndyRyans said:

See honestly can Airdrie fans just please stop this petty point scoring that they have going on on both this thread and the other one? It’s pointless as nobody actually knows the full facts of what’s happened to Rico. If what Rico claims to have happened is true (I am not saying it didn’t happen) then it is totally unacceptable and the individual who done it should be banned and charged etc. But honestly, on the park the team is playing some great football and getting some decent results as of late so let’s not detract from that. Until the PFA scotland investigation is concluded then we will not actually know what happened and in the meantime, airdrie fans arguing over racism doesn’t exactly give us the greatest impression to other clubs fans especially when we have had a bit of a reputation over the years. Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow’s game and hoping for another Dylan Easton masterclass. Onwards and Upwards MTDemoji815.png

I'll second that, thought we had overlooked how well we are doing on the park. 3-1♦️♦️♦️♦️

Geggan and Paton in the middle is a worry. No pace. No creativity. I don't like McKee punted wide. I think he's more effective in the middle of the park.

But at least we're trying something different. What we did last week was OK first half but we collapsed when the first goal went in. Defence has been poor. If its more a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-2-3-1 then at least Paton and Geggan should protect the defence a bit.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

9 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

German and Paton in the middle is a worry. No pace. No creativity. I don't like McKee punted wide. I think he's more effective in the middle of the park.

But at least we're trying something different. What we did last week was OK first half but we collapsed when the first goal went in. Defence has been poor. If its more a 4-2-2-2 or a 4-2-3-1 then at least Paton and Geggan should protect the defence a bit.

Jawohl.

That was absolutely terrible from Buchanan, what the hell was he doing!?
He's been pulling at people shirts all season and it looks really messy. One first viewing I thought it was a definite penalty but after watching it back, the pulling is outside the box and his tackle actually looks okay. Bit unfortunate but I hate his shirt pulling when he gets beat by attackers!

That was a weird first half. We created some absolutely golden chances but at times we hve looked extremely fragile at the back. After Airdrie scored we really imposed ourselves on the game but after we got our goal we’ve kind of sat back and allowed Airdrie to come at us. Both teams look extremely vurnerable at the back and Buchanan in particular is having a bit of a nightmare trying to deal with Smith. 

Geggan, Paton and Buchanan were all booked for dissent and McGeever was booked for a challenge on Easton that looked like a fairly hilarious dive. I’ve nae idea if the referee is being a total bitch or if our players are being OTT with the back chat but having both your centre backs and defensive minded midfielders on bookings with 45 mins to go is far from ideal. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a red at some point given how card happy the ref has been so far.