Diamonds v The Sons - 23 Oct

11 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Maley, Syvertsen and Erskine the only ones out for us, which means basically a full squad to choose from. Nice to have Paul Paton fit and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start given the amount we've shipped in recent weeks. 

The lad Syvertsen seems to be permanently injured - exactly as we were warned when we brought him in.

23 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Faz said he should be. But if I had a tenner for every time I had been told Paton should be fit then I'd have enough to buy us a goalscoring striker.

Paton was excellent for us last season but did pick up two bad injuries which saw him miss a fair chunk of games. I was disappointed to lose out on him in the summer but maybe a bullet dodged? Certainly can't complain about the performance of our midfield at the moment. 

How's Eoghan Stokes been getting along? 

39 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Maley, Syvertsen and Erskine the only ones out for us, which means basically a full squad to choose from. Nice to have Paul Paton fit and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start given the amount we've shipped in recent weeks. 

If Patons fit enough to start then he should walk into our starting 11, no questions asked. I said a few posts back than none of our central midfielders have impressed me but I totally forgot about Paton. In his limited time on the park I think he’s looked head and shoulders above any of our other options there.

2 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

From the man kidding on to be someone else online? Genuinely hilarious. 

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Probably been to more Airdrie games than you wee man. Get a backbone and stop believing everything you read on a football forum. Delusion at its peak 😆

Edited by Diamond1924

21 minutes ago, airdrieman said:

Paton was excellent for us last season but did pick up two bad injuries which saw him miss a fair chunk of games. I was disappointed to lose out on him in the summer but maybe a bullet dodged? Certainly can't complain about the performance of our midfield at the moment. 

How's Eoghan Stokes been getting along? 

Sounds like Paton has been a bit unlucky with the knocks he's picked up this season, hard to judge him properly on the limited time he's had on the field but given we've been powder puff I expect him to be reinstated as soon as possible.

Stokes has had an up and down time of it. Struggled to get in the team at first and it turns out Faz wasn't happy with his effort off the ball, but a few weeks ago Stokes came on as a sub and scored against East Fife and looked to have a bit of fire in his belly. He then went off injured at Falkirk after twisting his ankle and has been missing the last two weeks, but it looks like he's available again tomorrow. I know he got pissed off at Airdrie when he wasn't getting games and looks like he felt the same with us, but it appears Faz has explained what he needs to see from him and by all accounts everyone is happy. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Sounds like Paton has been a bit unlucky with the knocks he's picked up this season, hard to judge him properly on the limited time he's had on the field but given we've been powder puff I expect him to be reinstated as soon as possible.

Stokes has had an up and down time of it. Struggled to get in the team at first and it turns out Faz wasn't happy with his effort off the ball, but a few weeks ago Stokes came on as a sub and scored against East Fife and looked to have a bit of fire in his belly. He then went off injured at Falkirk after twisting his ankle and has been missing the last two weeks, but it looks like he's available again tomorrow. I know he got pissed off at Airdrie when he wasn't getting games and looks like he felt the same with us, but it appears Faz has explained what he needs to see from him and by all accounts everyone is happy. 

Maybe being unfair but I think Stokes has(/d) an unjustifiably high opinion of himself and his abilities. I'm sure he was in the press after he signed for yourselves saying he would have got into the Leeds first-team if they hadn't spent a load of money after selling Chris Wood, which is madness. Would plainly never have happened. I can understand why he was pissed off last season but if he looked at it objectively he'd see it from Murray and the clubs' point of view also. He just wasn't good enough on or off the ball to make any sort of impact on games whatsoever. One of the most anonymous players I've ever seen play for us. Maybe Farrell dishing out a 'telt' will do him good and he'll be able to get more out of him than we did. 

If Gary Deans is right he'll score a hat-trick tomorrow. 

this is one of those games, I have built up some slight confidence regarding Airdrie now, so guarantee tomorrow, a 2-0 away win!!

a 4-0 either way and everything in between wouldn't surprise me.  I think the only change we'll see will be big handsome back in at right back.  Also pleasing to hear that Dumbartons centre halves haven't had the best of times recently, and Callum Smith will be exactly the type of player they really wont fancy playing against with a bit of shot confidence, like a deaf jack russell, absolutely no recall and just constantly "at it".

Fingers crossed for a good result and a decent game, I enjoy this "normal" feeling of not actually dreading a Saturday!

1 minute ago, airdrieman said:

Maybe being unfair but I think Stokes has(/d) an unjustifiably high opinion of himself and his abilities. I'm sure he was in the press after he signed for yourselves saying he would have got into the Leeds first-team if they hadn't spent a load of money after selling Chris Wood, which is madness. Would plainly never have happened. I can understand why he was pissed off last season but if he looked at it objectively he'd see it from Murray and the clubs' point of view also. He just wasn't good enough on or off the ball to make any sort of impact on games whatsoever. One of the most anonymous players I've ever seen play for us. Maybe Farrell dishing out a 'telt' will do him good and he'll be able to get more out of him than we did. 

If Gary Deans is right he'll score a hat-trick tomorrow. 

It was me who spoke to him for that, but I didn't think he came across as arrogant. I actually half expected him to be given the sort of player he is, and his background at Leeds, but he surprised me. He was a really nice lad, and very chatty. 

He's got confidence in himself and he backs his own ability. No question. But find me a player who doesn't.

He was, by all accounts, playing well for Leeds academy team at the time and - with them thin on the ground numbers wise and having just made his debut - he expected to be in and around the first team. They sold Wood for £15m and panic bought guys like Jay-Roy Grot, Paweł Cibicki, Hugo Diaz and Ousama Siddiki. All of whom punted him down the pecking order and so he never really got a chance. Which I think is a fair comment to make.

Would he be good enough for Leeds United now? Of course not. But back then as a promising youth team player I can understand his frustration. If performing for the youth team doesn't get you any sort of first team chance at all because the manager has signed a host of average jobbers in your position then you would be left wondering what the point was.

10 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It was me who spoke to him for that, but I didn't think he came across as arrogant. I actually half expected him to be given the sort of player he is, and his background at Leeds, but he surprised me. He was a really nice lad, and very chatty. 

He's got confidence in himself and he backs his own ability. No question. But find me a player who doesn't.

He was, by all accounts, playing well for Leeds academy team at the time and - with them thin on the ground numbers wise and having just made his debut - he expected to be in and around the first team. They sold Wood for £15m and panic bought guys like Jay-Roy Grot, Paweł Cibicki, Hugo Diaz and Ousama Siddiki. All of whom punted him down the pecking order and so he never really got a chance. Which I think is a fair comment to make.

Would he be good enough for Leeds United now? Of course not. But back then as a promising youth team player I can understand his frustration. If performing for the youth team doesn't get you any sort of first team chance at all because the manager has signed a host of average jobbers in your position then you would be left wondering what the point was.

That's fair enough. I've never met him (or even seen him play in person) so can't vouch for his character or opinions. I still think it's a bit of a wild thing to say though given the evidence of his first team career so far suggests he's not even good enough for this level of football. Mind you, maybe it's one of those things you have to say when you've been in that position. 

1 hour ago, Diamond1924 said:

Nobody’s laughing but me bud. You actual think I’m a football agent 😂😂

I never said you were a football agent. You do however surely remember the conversations you had on the other thread though where it's clear this was a burner account to share your views on the Rico situation? A situation where I actually share a fair amount of your views. What's laughable is that you're now using this burner account elsewhere. Nobody believes you're a long term fan based on your own words and actions. So yeah, it is pretty laughable. Same as when I made the post the other day mentioning that Rico's agent had utterly bizarrely and embarrassingly made it public that he was "NOt a MembEr oF PiE aNd BovRIL" (surely a first for these hallowed pages) and you were straight on scoping my profile. 

So yeah, in short, the absolute state of you in this current thread, jog on mate/bud/pal/wee guy*

* Delete as appropriate

21 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

I never said you were a football agent. You do however surely remember the conversations you had on the other thread though where it's clear this was a burner account to share your views on the Rico situation? A situation where I actually share a fair amount of your views. What's laughable is that you're now using this burner account elsewhere. Nobody believes you're a long term fan based on your own words and actions. So yeah, it is pretty laughable. Same as when I made the post the other day mentioning that Rico's agent had utterly bizarrely and embarrassingly made it public that he was "NOt a MembEr oF PiE aNd BovRIL" (surely a first for these hallowed pages) and you were straight on scoping my profile. 

So yeah, in short, the absolute state of you in this current thread, jog on mate/bud/pal/wee guy*

* Delete as appropriate

Course I remember what I said on the other thread and I also remember some pretty shocking reactions from some pretty backwards fans. 

I am in-fact, a lifelong fan who as a result, has opinions on how things should be handled at the club. In my view, this was a great mishandling. For those who didn’t like it, tough. It’s time to accept the truth. 

I doubt an actual football agent would want to spend anytime arguing with stubborn club defenders who fail to see the actual problem here. 

In terms of me commenting on other threads, I seem to remember YOU mentioning me on this thread. I am allowed to respond and I am allowed to comment on the matters of the club I support so enough of that, cheers. 

13 minutes ago, Diamond1924 said:

Course I remember what I said on the other thread and I also remember some pretty shocking reactions from some pretty backwards fans. 

I am in-fact, a lifelong fan who as a result, has opinions on how things should be handled at the club. In my view, this was a great mishandling. For those who didn’t like it, tough. It’s time to accept the truth. 

I doubt an actual football agent would want to spend anytime arguing with stubborn club defenders who fail to see the actual problem here. 

In terms of me commenting on other threads, I seem to remember YOU mentioning me on this thread. I am allowed to respond and I am allowed to comment on the matters of the club I support so enough of that, cheers. 

I also wouldn't have thought an "actual" football agent would be posting denials of pie and Bovril membership. But here we are

Edited by cb_diamond

See honestly can Airdrie fans just please stop this petty point scoring that they have going on on both this thread and the other one? It’s pointless as nobody actually knows the full facts of what’s happened to Rico. If what Rico claims to have happened is true (I am not saying it didn’t happen) then it is totally unacceptable and the individual who done it should be banned and charged etc. But honestly, on the park the team is playing some great football and getting some decent results as of late so let’s not detract from that. Until the PFA scotland investigation is concluded then we will not actually know what happened and in the meantime, airdrie fans arguing over racism doesn’t exactly give us the greatest impression to other clubs fans especially when we have had a bit of a reputation over the years. Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow’s game and hoping for another Dylan Easton masterclass. Onwards and Upwards MTD[emoji815]️