The Mo v East Fife

Pretty poor first half and despite hitting the post twice we were quite fortunate to go in level. A couple of excellent saves from big Annie kept us in it.

Different story second half. Played some great stuff and scored a couple of great goals. Could have been more. Great to see Keatings get off the mark and a couple for CJ will really boost his confidence. 

9 goals in 2 games can't be bad. Roll on Peterheid.

Well worth the win today and we played some brilliant football at times best football I've seen at LP since my time supporting the club.

How annoying is Ryan wallace angry little creature of a man that lad.Tried his hardest to get Terry Masson sent off after his challenge on the striker in the first half.

1 hour ago, mo83 said:

Well worth the win today and we played some brilliant football at times best football I've seen at LP since my time supporting the club.

How annoying is Ryan wallace angry little creature of a man that lad.Tried his hardest to get Terry Masson sent off after his challenge on the striker in the first half.

Wee man syndrome 

Well worth the win in the end but if it hadn’t been for Annie we’d have been in a big hole.  First half could’ve easily ended up 2-2 but the second was one way traffic after the opener. Which came about 30 secs after Annie had stoped Wallace from scoring .. funny how games can turn in seconds. Good to see Keatings getting off the mark .. I’ve been critical of his contribution to date but it would seem that’s down to a lack of match fitness.  That’s the first time he’s lasted 90 mins and by the end he was fkkd. Fingers crossed he can kick on from here. We played some cracking stuff in the second half .. thought Lewis had huge influence on how things turned around.  Also thought Aidan had a great game .. maybe time for him to get a regular start?

First time at Links Park yesterday. Moved to Montrose last week so they're now my local team.

Quite impressed by the standard. First half both sides mostly looking to play long in behind the full backs. Was behind the goal for Montrose keepers two excellent stops. Wingers were looking to take on their man which was great to see even if there was little end product or a lack of team mates to meet their low crosses.

second half was a walkover. Sat up in the stand for the last two Montrose goals, East Fife had collapsed but some of the short passing and through balls were sublime. Number 10 was dictating things by the end.

26 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

First time at Links Park yesterday. Moved to Montrose last week so they're now my local team.

Quite impressed by the standard. First half both sides mostly looking to play long in behind the full backs. Was behind the goal for Montrose keepers two excellent stops. Wingers were looking to take on their man which was great to see even if there was little end product or a lack of team mates to meet their low crosses.

second half was a walkover. Sat up in the stand for the last two Montrose goals, East Fife had collapsed but some of the short passing and through balls were sublime. Number 10 was dictating things by the end.

Welcome to the Mo. Hope you will be a regular.

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

Great club! You have located well

Nine goals in the last 2 games so no complaints there BUT looking at the East Fife game in more detail the Fifers could easily have been at least 2 goals up (so could the Mo mind) by halftime. We are giving away possession too often in crucial areas of the pitch. Against East Fife yesterday at least twice EF should have scored and Clyde last week when Goodwillie fluffed both his chances. We got away with it in both games and kicked on to win both decisively. Credit where it's due but we must tighten up and cut out the fancy stuff where we get caught in possession. 

Went as a neutral yesterday, first time at Links Park in about 5 years. A thoroughly enjoyable game. I was quite impressed with the Fife first half, they had some dangerous counter attacks. Dillon was really struggling, which I've seen from him before in a Mo shirt in a 3-0 defeat to Elgin in 2017. Each team could've had a couple by half time. Webster seems a player transformed, I can remember in the play off final v Brora some old boy standing near me spent the entire game haranguing him and he did look to me a mediocre player in a poor League 2 side. Cammy F. Ballantyne also looks a very good player.