The Mo v East Fife

Hopefully Montrose can put some of the good away form into some home form and get the 3 points.

After a brilliant 5-0 away win I'd have been really confident about beating an average East Fife team at home, but they will be buoyant after smashing Cove last week.

Now CJ has finally netted hopefully he'll kick on with confidence, and with more minutes in his legs be good to see Keatings get off the mark.  Think he's done a lot off the ball that goes unnoticed by a few who have been overly critical of him so far 

Have the Fife found form after thumping Cove?

I haven’t seen the highlights yet, but read on here the Fife played a far better game. Nobody saw that coming.

Could be an unpredictable result, but the Mo will be going for it after thumping the Clyde, I seen the highlights and they had a plenty flair.

Have an East Fife work mate and two Cove workmates, fairly livens the Monday conversations 😁

Our away form is terrible but last weeks win over Cove will have given everyone a much needed boost.

Having Wallace back is absolutely huge and with Connell back to fitness all of a sudden we now have 2 very good strikers again who should hopefully start to score goals and get us some points.

We need to get on a little bit of a roll and we need to build on the win last week. 

On 16/09/2021 at 22:03, Mon_The_Fife said:

I’ve not had this level of apathy for a very long time and we’ve only played a handful of games. I fully expect another thumping.

We can’t defend and can’t score, it’s not a good combination.

Young’s jacket must be hanging on by a thread on that shoogly peg, and a change might do us good but the squad is very weak.

We have to hope for at worst 8th place this season and somehow have 2 teams that are worse than ourselves.

On 19/09/2021 at 22:12, Mon_The_Fife said:

Those goals we conceded were laughable yet again. This team can get in the bin, utter garbage.

On 25/09/2021 at 20:13, Mon_The_Fife said:

Young now has to go, this shambles can’t go on. The squad is absolute mince though and it will now take a miracle to keep us up.

Relegated in September, what a fun time being a Fife fan at the moment. I watched Arbroath yesterday and the trajectories of the 2 clubs are miles apart and it wasn’t so long ago when we were rivals.

On 26/09/2021 at 20:21, Mon_The_Fife said:

No matter who we get they are left with the same tripe of a squad until we can empty the majority of them next season anyway.

I wouldn’t mind us getting a relatively new coach with decent contacts in so he can cut his teeth for the rest of the season before the League 2 campaign next season.

Fotheringam’s record is a bit meh so wouldn’t want him.

On 02/10/2021 at 19:36, Mon_The_Fife said:

Regardless of how we played today, 4 points out of a possible 27 is ridiculous and the board are just as responsible for this shambles as Young.

Great work.

On 20/10/2021 at 22:52, Mon_The_Fife said:

Our away form is terrible but last weeks win over Cove will have given everyone a much needed boost.

Having Wallace back is absolutely huge and with Connell back to fitness all of a sudden we now have 2 very good strikers again who should hopefully start to score goals and get us some points.

We need to get on a little bit of a roll and we need to build on the win last week. 

Really? Glad to have you back ?🙄

Both teams coming into this on the back of excellent results last week. The Mo have been playing well but not finishing teams off (until last week). Hopeful that we can double our home win tally this afternoon. 

3-1 the Mo with Keatings getting his first for the team 

IMG_1634995184.100589.jpg
The same starting 11 as last week apart from Higgins in for the “carried off” Dunlop, happy with that, as long as they play as well as they did last week!!!

HT
Montrose 0-0 East Fife
Both teams going to be feeling like they should be winning, lots of good saves and close things at both ends!!!
We look so much better with Wallace back!!!