Cove vs Clyde

17 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

Insipid, poor, shite. Something not right about the club at all. Completely flat. Rumsby and Jones get a pass mark because they looked like they gave a shit. Goodie needs to get his head out his arse and step up like the captain he's meant to be. 

I'm not in the Lennon must go camp but Something big needs to change and fast. Poor poor stuff

"Something not right about the club at all" you say. Interesting?

Total dross, hard being a Clyde supporter these days, especially when it comes to picking MotM.  No pass marks today, this season has been every bit as bad as anything that Chapman dished up, we keep getting told by Danny , you don’t get easy games in this league, but Montrose last week and Cove this week have both had easy games

Rumsby and Jones get a pass mark because they looked like they gave a shit.

I can't agree.

Appearing to give a shit is not enough.

Rumsby's control of the ball was rotten today and lead to some dangerous situations.

Jones is just awful. One of the most ineffectual players I've have ever seen.

Not sure if 3-0 flattered us, perhaps. Certainly wasn't comprehensive and for the first 40 odd minutes it was even.

Clyde didn't offer too much today and aren't in the best of form but I thought we also looked disjointed and struggling for ideas. Everything is far too slow and defensive. Quite uninspiring at present.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

The debate isn't about who is up to this level now, but whether the players would be remotely competent in L2. Unsurprisingly the likes of Nicoll and Munro are no better than when they were dropped the first time. The latter's performance today was one of the worst individual displays I have seen.

It's now time for Lennon to go. The only way we are staying up is with additions in January and he has proved over multiple seasons that he's not the man to make those signings. It's actually criminal how far off the standard we are.

Edited by David W

On a rare positive. I was impressed with the Balmoral Stadium. Great set up in the industrial estate with plenty room to expand when Cove inevitably rise into the Championship. Steak pie was top notch 👌.  Maybe get some higher walls and fences though must have lost more than 2 grands worth of balls today #alloacalculator

3 hours ago, David W said:

The debate isn't about who is up to this level now, but whether the players would be remotely competent in L2. Unsurprisingly the likes of Nicoll and Munro are no better than when they were dropped the first time. The latter's performance today was one of the worst individual displays I have seen.

It's now time for Lennon to go. The only way we are staying up is with additions in January and he has proved over multiple seasons that he's not the man to make those signings. It's actually criminal how far off the standard we are.

Yet when we resigned Nicoll so many people on here creamed their pants about him cause “he loves the Clyde” and because he flings himself into tackles despite the fact he gets sent off every 3rd week and is honking.

The recruitment has been absolutely dire and it’s come back to bite us on the arse.

Danny is a gentleman and has dragged us out the depths of the wrong end of L2 but I think his time has come to an end. 

The next issue is can we afford to sack him? I’m not sure he will walk of his own accord.

Aye, we're a rabble right enough. I still think the 3-5-2 recommends itself for all sorts of reasons. Not to say it guarantees results. But why Danny doesn't bring it back I don't know. Constantly changing the shape, the system and the players within it is killing us.

Not too keen on saying Danny should go because I don't know that there's a better gaffer we're likely to get and he'd be working with the same players until January anyway. By which time we could be all but cast adrift, looking at a relegation play-off or worse. Probably make my mind up on that question next week.