Bovril

18 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:

I prefer the little plastic cups of bovril powder you can often find in the pound shops over the jar you can get in the supermarket.

Always like to add a bit of pepper to it as well.

Agreed that the powdered Bovril tastes better. I like the stuff you get in the jar but sometimes the bottom of the drink makes me retch a bit.

Agreed that the powdered Bovril tastes better. I like the stuff you get in the jar but sometimes the bottom of the drink makes me retch a bit.

A quick check shows you can buy powdered bovril online - it’s not cheap though, £13 odd quid for a “90 servings” tub! Annoying how much trickier it is to obtain the powdered version because, as you say, it is much nicer.

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The Vegemite that Aussies buy is probably indistinguishable from Bovril.

Vegemite is shite, it smells shite, it tastes shite and is a different consistency to Bovril, even the “suitable for vegetarians” imported version sold here. In fact Vegemite is not just shite it is utter fucking shite!

The stuff made from dry granules is absolutely marvellous. However, the stuff made from the syrupy gunk straight from the glass jar is boggin'.

I'll always ask which it is before buying at half time, unless you're being served by a teenager, in which case they don't know care and life suddenly becomes a lottery.

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

A quick check shows you can buy powdered bovril online - it’s not cheap though, £13 odd quid for a “90 servings” tub! Annoying how much trickier it is to obtain the powdered version because, as you say, it is much nicer.

Yep, that's what I've got in the cupboard. Far superior to the jar version.

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Vegemite is shite, it smells shite, it tastes shite and is a different consistency to Bovril, even the “suitable for vegetarians” imported version sold here. In fact Vegemite is not just shite it is utter fucking shite!

Struth!