Aberdown vs Hibs

27 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

McGregor may be old and garbage, but he is twice the player that Brian Porteous will ever be.

He needs to concentrate on playing football, and stop being such a naughty boy.

Reflecting on yesterday, that must be quite worrying for the Hibees. Their performance reminded me a lot of the last 18 months (bar that two month spell where we were superb with Watkins, Wright and Hedges playing together).

Lots of passing between defenders and the two CMs trying to drag the opposition out of place. Run out of ideas then go long. Repeat.

Even managed to shitfest the last 20 mins for [mention=26435]Bob Mahelp[/mention][mention=53742]tarapoa[/mention]
That's me fully aboard the Marley Watkins love train.

You’ve no idea how happy that made me as I thought we’d lost the ability to do that - albeit we’ve only scored first in two league games and have won them both to nil.

Dare I say the fact we had a fairly experienced back line in the second half possibly helped. I hope Ramsay and Mackenzie are ok, but maybe a couple of games out at this stage is not the worst thing, as much as the attacking threat of Ramsay will be a miss.
Sounds like Mackenzie could be much longer, but McCrorie/Hayes handled Boyle well after Mackenzie doing similar in the last Pittodrie game v Hibs.

Watkins is a fine player, who is maybe just starting to get up to speed again. Need Hedges to do similar, as he was still a bit off it yesterday.

Hibs were strangely lacklustre - only Murphy when he came on caused a bit of heartburn. Never seen the guy Nisbet have a good game against us, and Doidge tends to be a much bigger threat.

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

You’ve no idea how happy that made me as I thought we’d lost the ability to do that - albeit we’ve only scored first in two league games and have won them both to nil.

Dare I say the fact we had a fairly experienced back line in the second half possibly helped. I hope Ramsay and Mackenzie are ok, but maybe a couple of games out at this stage is not the worst thing, as much as the attacking threat of Ramsay will be a miss.
Sounds like Mackenzie could be much longer, but McCrorie/Hayes handled Boyle well after Mackenzie doing similar in the last Pittodrie game v Hibs.

Watkins is a fine player, who is maybe just starting to get up to speed again. Need Hedges to do similar, as he was still a bit off it yesterday.

Hibs were strangely lacklustre - only Murphy when he came on caused a bit of heartburn. Never seen the guy Nisbet have a good game against us, and Doidge tends to be a much bigger threat.

There was a few moments where Hedges just needed to shoot but tried a really intricate pass from the edge of the box with little to no room for the teammate.

14 hours ago, Leith Green said:

He is past it now.

Daz basically a coach who retains his playing registration.

We are paying the price for some dreadful recruitment decisions (lack of cover at CF and CH in particular) in the last 2 windows - its not been confirmed, but that is partly why Mathie was emptied.

I am sure you remember how Hearts were a while back with a completely unbalanced squad? Same thing, 15 midfielders and fuckall at the back and up front.

You can see the difference where Hearts are now reaping the rewards of recruiting the right players in the areas of need.

We are shagged til January now tbqhwy. 

Anthony Anderson Reaction GIF

What happened to the lad Wood you took on loan? Take it he's not been up to much if Mcginn is being played out of position instead of him. I think I saw Warnock slagging him and his agent off for making the worng move.

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

What happened to the lad Wood you took on loan? Take it he's not been up to much if Mcginn is being played out of position instead of him. I think I saw Warnock slagging him and his agent off for making the worng move.

Played against the DABs, didn't look any way ready for 1st team.

Not sure where Warnock thinks he could play, Conference level maybe? Not good enough for Scottish Premiership tbh.

58 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Not sure where Warnock thinks he could play, Conference level maybe? Not good enough for Scottish Premiership tbh.

I think Warnock thought it was a crazy move because he wasn't good enough. Reading between the lines of his comments of course.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Yeah Warnock wasn't criticising Hibs. Basically having a go at the agent giving the player bad advice because he's gone somewhere he isn't getting a game.

7 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

I think Warnock thought it was a crazy move because he wasn't good enough. Reading between the lines of his comments of course.

7 hours ago, Rodhull said:

Yeah Warnock wasn't criticising Hibs. Basically having a go at the agent giving the player bad advice because he's gone somewhere he isn't getting a game.

Warnock may not have been giving us a hard time, but the person in charge of our recruitment brought this guy here - you would have thought that a wee bit due diligence was done?

Perhaps another reason why he was binned.........

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Warnock may not have been giving us a hard time, but the person in charge of our recruitment brought this guy here - you would have thought that a wee bit due diligence was done?

Perhaps another reason why he was binned.........

Was Doing injured? Was looking forward to watching him and Ramsay go up against each other.