The battle for Ayrshire supremacy - Ayr United v Killie match thread

26 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Hahaha same. 

Jokers.

Clubs did this start of season as the SG forced them to. What's Ayrs excuse? Most buses leaving after 615.

Clubs need to be shown to have put plans in place to maintain social distancing, everyone knows that it will not happen 100% 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Clubs need to be shown to have put plans in place to maintain social distancing, everyone knows that it will not happen 100% 

I’m assuming the SPFL are instructing this? 

People don’t even need to socially distance, so it is utterly mental. 

6 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m assuming the SPFL are instructing this? 

People don’t even need to socially distance, so it is utterly mental. 

Its ludicrous asking fans to jam together for an extra 90 minutes prior to kick off. How does this reduce the spread of the virus?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It can't be the SPFL or SFA, because there was no such plan at the Scotland game, which would have had 7 or 8 times as many folk.

Yes, I did think this after posting but couldn’t be fucked changing it. 

Absolutely no idea why the club would decide to do it. Secondly, it doesn’t actually help with social distancing as it encourages everyone entering the same points to go at the same time. 

4 minutes ago, fullmetaljacket said:
44 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think there might be a wee flaw in the plan though. How does asking 2500 people to gain entry to the Railway End in a 15 minute period, encourage social distancing?

How many turnstiles do you have at away end?

I seem to recall it was about two!

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

15 mins to get into the NT? No fcking chance will we all get through in that time. They usually only have 2 turnstiles open 

Yup, the NT times are mental, and would definitely lead to the kick off being missed. I’m assuming they’ll be open before obviously. 

16 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'm guessing all turnstiles will open at 6.15pm? Cant imagine everyone queuing up Somerset Road waiting on the turnstiles at NT to get in at 7.15-7.30 🤣

Every gate opens at 6.15 , club have to provide a timetable to ease social distancing as part of the Covid plan , will fans adhere to it likely not  , but club must be showing as providing advice 

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it very much strikes me as the club are just covering their own arse whilst knowing full well that the majority of fans will ignore it.

Correct , but local government guidelines  indicated  the club must  put out advice as the crowd exceeds the 4000 limit  

21 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it very much strikes me as the club are just covering their own arse whilst knowing full well that the majority of fans will ignore it.

The majority will ignore it and then no doubt a lot of those same people will be the ones complaining when they can’t turn up 5 mins before kick off and get straight in.

Clubs can’t win.

The majority will ignore it and then no doubt a lot of those same people will be the ones complaining when they can’t turn up 5 mins before kick off and get straight in.

Clubs can’t win.

I’d imagine folk will still be let in outside of those planned times.