The battle for Ayrshire supremacy - Ayr United v Killie match thread

3 hours ago, Jeff Venom said:
10 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:
I've only ever seen us win there twice, around 1983 possibly 1984 & the early 1990's, iirc, but apart from that it's been a throughly miserable place for us results wise.
The way we've played the last few games I'm not confident i'll see a third victory come Tuesday night....

I remember Ian Porteous scoring a late back-heel winner at the railway end, maybe 1991?

Spot on mate..... I couldn't recall who scored when I posted last night but it's one of the topics of conversation on Killie kickback this morning.

Killie would have sold many more tickets if they had been available. For a small town they have a  fantastic following.

Suppose we could’ve sold a few hundred tickets and just housed you all on the old railway line behind the away end.

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Just had an email from Ayr suggesting we should be in between 6:15pm and 6:30pm due to a staggered entry. Do they not think folk work or something?

Hahaha same. 

Jokers.

Clubs did this start of season as the SG forced them to. What's Ayrs excuse? Most buses leaving after 615.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

20 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Where can the blue army park? Are Tesco likely to issue the fine invoice you don’t have to pay if we park there? Heard the normal car park is occupied by the shows.

That was last week. It's available again.

North Terrace between 7:15, and 7:30 - you can absolutely guarantee that not everyone will get in on time arriving at those times. 

As much as it is kind of funny, that’s shambolic for the away fans. 

ETA: what is the actual point of people emailing the club their vaccine passport, if they then may get spot checked anyway - seems a huge waste of time. 

Edited by No_Problemo