The battle for Ayrshire supremacy - Ayr United v Killie match thread

59 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Bit confused at Killie fans praising Armstrong. I thought he was absolutely anonymous and was well marshalled by Reading. McKenzie was pretty good though.

Yep, I thought he was poor. People get a bit misty-eyed about wingers at times if they get on the ball a bit and hug the touchline, but this often ignores the fact that they don't actually do very much. I thought we were on to a winner when he got Reading booked early on, but he did almost nothing after that. The idea of dropping Shaw or Hendry to accommodate both him AND his carbon copy on the other side Fraser Murray seems wild to me.

Edited by craigkillie

There were a few Killie fans right behind me on the North Terrace right up towards the fence in the first half - could tell from the odd bit of conversation.   Hopefully they behaved themselves when the penalty went in, hard as that must have been 🤣

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Packages Sold
    then you add on season tickets holders 1247

means 6863 actually paid for the game , how many turned up is a different thing 

Keep doing your thing, im sure the 1000 real fans appreciate it. 

(only lording for a night, im sure the club would be in a far worse state without you) 

25 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

There always is? 

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Also known as the away end 

I've never been to Somerset Park, but might go if Albion Rovers be Brora. Anyway, that sounds like Killie filled half that ground.

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

An utterly mundane night, devoid of much drama both on and off the pitch. 0-0 would have been a fair result for such a borefest. Two shite teams. Says a lot for the league that Killie are sitting top when they're no great shakes. 

We are worse than a shake, sometimes a shake brings a happy ending! 

43 minutes ago, G_&_T said:

I just watched the penalty on YouTube & it seemed there were Killie fans on three sides of the ground. 😐

Well no shit, given the away end covers 3 sides of the ground, as does the home end. 

An utterly mundane night, devoid of much drama both on and off the pitch. 0-0 would have been a fair result for such a borefest. Two shite teams. Says a lot for the league that Killie are sitting top when they're no great shakes. 
Says even more for your mob that you're in the bottom half of that league.
(Insert Cartman tear licking gif)

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Even less surprising that “The Famous” still find themselves in the same rut that they’ve been in for about the last 3 years, stuck with a manager that they have no hope of getting rid of unless he decides he’s fed up of managing your teeny tiny little club.

Good one M8.

7 hours ago, eez-eh said:

I’d accept that ribbing if it wasn’t coming from a supporter of a team whose attempts to obtain supremacy in the fucking Renfrewshire Derby have been even more tragic. 

Well no, because the only way that our efforts would be as tragic as Ayr's would be if we contrived to lose to Port Glasgow as well. 

Won't be long until Darvel or Kilwinning are dunting you down to the no. 4 spot.

IMG_1576962560.451370.jpg.10ebb265f92f5a0547901406540577bb.jpg

7 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Top of the league and you're not. Last minute winner at the Railway End. What's not to like?