The battle for Ayrshire supremacy - Ayr United v Killie match thread

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I dont know, we've had some fantastic mid week games before. Cup runs etc. Just feels very flat for what should be a massive occasion. The first league game at Somerset for decades and there has been no real build up by either side 

You have to realise that, while (big-picture) for your mob this is a massive occasion, for Killie it's just a potential banana-skin away game for a team which stubbormly refuses to gel while continuing to pick up points in the league.

Simply put, a good season in the second tier for Ayr is a good season, simply being in this league is a failure for Ayrshire's finest.

Local rivalry's all very well, but we're still only playing for three points. Obviously, any potential Ayr winner will be posted ad nauseum on match threads until we redress the balance, but there will still be a difference between a record of five major trophies, a decent European (and N. American) record and the support of Utah's sexiest Mormon and..

well, you tell me, Colin.

22 minutes ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Everyone’s too feart to say something that’ll come back and bite them on the arse.

Ayr United have never been, are not, and never will be, fit to be classed as anywhere Kilmarnock's equals as a Football Club*. The occasional overlap when they're at the upper limits of their expectations and we've suffered a relegation do not a sustainable rivalry make. A double-figures tanking in this and each of the remaining fixtures this season would not change that.

I'm confident my arse will remain unbitten until death, as only actually winning something tangible might give them some claim to relevance. And we all know that ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

*Their skip of a ground isn't even covered, let alone seated, ffs.

You’d have to be in your late 70’s or even early 80’s to recall with any clarity your league title. Typical fucking keyboard bluster from some delusional c**t who thinks he supports a big club. You’re a regional football club with sporadic success.

Here’s the thing, tonight isn’t being played in front of a flat capped crowd with rattles. I look forward to watching the tear stained 10 year olds stream across the Somerset Road exit as their da’s head for the motor at Craigie Park. They won’t give a flying f**k about any fucking honour from yesteryear, they’ll be fucking raging at yet another Kilmarnock defeat at Somerset Park.

We don’t care what you’ve won, we just fucking hate ye.

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Have sympathy for Killie tbh. Them going to Ayr is like us going to Cowden.

Even if you win you’re not going to get any credit and Ayr will probably release a commemorative DVD if they beat you.

No it's not, we removed our track in 1924. Honestly!

2 minutes ago, HeathrowAUFC said:

Now thats more like it, although still some distance behind West Curve.

This is like a cup final for you cnuts, whereas for us its an important league game against .our less fortunate county cousins.

GITRFUY

The Kilmarnock fans desperately trying to pretend they don’t care is utterly tragic. They care so little that they are desperate to tell us they will be filling up the home end too. 

Even more tragic than the desperate fishing from a bottom of the league Dunfermline fan. Though I guess, they would possibly even manage to score an actual goal against Cowdenbeath. 

Edited by No_Problemo

You’d have to be in your late 70’s or even early 80’s to recall with any clarity your league title. Typical fucking keyboard bluster from some delusional c**t who thinks he supports a big club. You’re a regional football club with sporadic success.

Here’s the thing, tonight isn’t being played in front of a flat capped crowd with rattles. I look forward to watching the tear stained 10 year olds stream across the Somerset Road exit as their da’s head for the motor at Craigie Park. They won’t give a flying f**k about any fucking honour from yesteryear, they’ll be fucking raging at yet another Kilmarnock defeat at Somerset Park.

One fur Colin never Wull [emoji460]️[emoji106][emoji471][emoji838]

I really don’t think this could feel any further from a cup final tbh. I don’t really have any expectations of winning here. I’m firmly in the beat QOS, Morton, Hamilton and Dunfermline and avoid relegation camp.

Maybe if we were up the top of the table challenging it would be a bit different and of course if we win I’ll be buzzing but our game against QOS two weeks ago is bigger than this and will likely have more bearing on our season.

OK. one last post before heading to a Prestwick pub.

The voice of reason dictates the quality of football on view tonight will not be top drawer, nae silky stuff, but a tense game played in a cup tie atmosphere in front of two sets of noisy fans.

This is what footballs about and nay the best team win.......😜

I'm not a getting man but if I was I'd suggest that Mr McKenzie fae Troon will get sent off and Mr Armstrong fae Alloway wiil score the winner at the SRE in front of his old classmates.

Hope everyone enjoys tonight, now where are my keys....................

46 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Have sympathy for Killie tbh. Them going to Ayr is like us going to Cowden.

Even if you win you’re not going to get any credit and Ayr will probably release a commemorative DVD if they beat you.

Killie fans aren’t going to shag you, bud.