The battle for Ayrshire supremacy - Ayr United v Killie match thread

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Is this the lowest key build up to Ayrshire Derby ever? Seems to be very little interest from our side. 

I wasn't even going to bother going to this one.

I bought a ticket last night though.

Edited by Richey Edwards

6 hours ago, Cmac1869 said:

Canny Wait, games like these are ones we need to win to win a league. Hopefully an entertaining fixture with a last minute Killie winner pitch invasion. Hopefully Ayr can bring a good atmosphere, if ayr do win I expect to see the goal from 8000 angles until New Year fixture. 

Ayr could beat us and then get relegated and it would still end up being classed as a successful season for them.

It's still a bit weird that this is a league game tomorrow night and 3 points are at stake, so used to these being 1 off cup ties.

Anyway the time has come to get to the nitty gritty...

McAdams

McCallister Baird Fjortoft Reading

Muirhead

Bradley     Murdoch       Maxwell

Moffat

Afalobi 

Think this is the best option, Afalobi looked fired up on Saturday and should have scored a second for us, looked interested too so hopefully Duffy has managed to talk sense into the boy and got him interested after the Hopkin saga. Moff too i think is an integral part of making sure whoever plays upfront doesn't get completely isolated. Maxwell infront of Reading is a no brainer IMO after Burke absolutely slaughtered us up there on the first game of the season, those two will need to double up on him a lot. 

We seem to be able to do things just now without being near our best so i'm cautiously optimistoc of even a draw which would be good, what is worrying me though is that Killie have been shite for a good few weeks now and are probably due a decent performance.... just hope it hangs off another couple of days until Saturday!!!