The battle for Ayrshire supremacy - Ayr United v Killie match thread

11 hours ago, killiepiemuncher said:

Make it 1-1 my nerves couldn’t take a barrel load of goals. We’d be 3 nil up at halftime and collapse to a embarrassing hanging on draw in the second.

It’s the Killie way..

I think we’ve literally only been 3-0 up at half time and left hanging on for a draw once in the last 30 years so no certainly not the Killie way.

22 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I think we’ve literally only been 3-0 up at half time and left hanging on for a draw once in the last 30 years so no certainly not the Killie way.

Falkirk mid week comes to mind, 3 up cruising, Geddes throws one in own net, they get back to 3-3 , Williamson gets sent off and Geddes makes a stunning last minute save . Ah the good old days 

9 hours ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

You’ve goat tae choose, it’s me or the blues.

Not too sure what this actually means but it sounds good👍

I'll be there and I'm sure there will be hooky streams for those that won't pay this that probably would have it was around a tenner. Is it always £18 even for your own exiled fans? 

2 hours ago, kilMARKnock said:

Not too sure what this actually means but it sounds good👍

I'll be there and I'm sure there will be hooky streams for those that won't pay this that probably would have it was around a tenner. Is it always £18 even for your own exiled fans? 

Yes £18 for everyone from the start of this season , i think it’s due to that we can accommodate our usual crowds without Covid restrictions so trying to encourage them to get back to games , season ticket holders still get it free 

1 hour ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Duffy could do himself a turn here with the fans by having a go and not parking the bus for the full 90, need to bolster the midfield and be effective on the wings.

Normally at Somerset you would expect Ayr to really come at us however if Jim Duffy takes the emotion out of it then sitting in could be the best option tactically. We don’t have the creativity to break teams down and if you sit in for long enough and stay tight then you could expose our defence which looks shakier every week.

11 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Normally at Somerset you would expect Ayr to really come at us however if Jim Duffy takes the emotion out of it then sitting in could be the best option tactically. We don’t have the creativity to break teams down and if you sit in for long enough and stay tight then you could expose our defence which looks shakier every week.

The last thing we need in front of a bumper crowd is another insipid performance, but obviously if we got the three points then it's justified. And I'm not sure we have the ability to really come at anyone.

£18 FFS, is that the most expensive in the league?

If it's not the most expensive, it's certainly up there with the worst in quality of stream.
Arbroath was terrific on Saturday, £13, and we had Dick and Duffman live interviews right after the game.
Arbroath are basically my big team now.

14 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

If it's not the most expensive, it's certainly up there with the worst in quality of stream.
Arbroath was terrific on Saturday, £13, and we had Dick and Duffman live interviews right after the game.
Arbroath are basically my big team now.

Arbroath - a great bunch of lads ( they're my wee team my father in law supports them )

As long as it's not like the Dunfermline stream which was terrible, I felt seasick watching it and our performance didn't help.

Canny Wait, games like these are ones we need to win to win a league. Hopefully an entertaining fixture with a last minute Killie winner pitch invasion. Hopefully Ayr can bring a good atmosphere, if ayr do win I expect to see the goal from 8000 angles until New Year fixture.