The battle for Ayrshire supremacy - Ayr United v Killie match thread

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d imagine folk will still be let in outside of those planned times.

Oh aye of course and if by some miracle all the fans on both sides were able to stagger their entrance between 6.30-7.40pm that would be great, but I would guess that day 50% will turn up between 6.30-7.30pm and then the other 50% will turn up in that final 10 mins and miss the first 10-15 mins of the game.

1 hour ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I reckon all your buses will have to park in Craigie Park. Or at the racecourse tbh .

Craigie Park has the shows on in there just now apparantly.... would imagine Ayr college car park will be an option, however in saying that idk if Tuesday night college classes are still a thing just now, if so then feck knows where you can park

9 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Craigie Park has the shows on in there just now apparantly.... would imagine Ayr college car park will be an option, however in saying that idk if Tuesday night college classes are still a thing just now, if so then feck knows where you can park

Shows finished beginning of the week mate .

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Correct , but local government guidelines  indicated  the club must  put out advice as the crowd exceeds the 4000 limit  

I suspect you are just making excuses for your club fucking up. This is not advice, it's just 3rd rate bullshit thought up by a board of halfwits.

Sorry Finlay, but how can you even begin to justify this?

5 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

I suspect you are just making excuses for your club fucking up. This is not advice, it's just 3rd rate bullshit thought up by a board of halfwits.

Do you really think Ayr would put something in place that they don’t have to just to spite us? I don’t believe that for a second, it’s old firm levels of shite.

56 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Oh aye of course and if by some miracle all the fans on both sides were able to stagger their entrance between 6.30-7.40pm that would be great, but I would guess that day 50% will turn up between 6.30-7.30pm and then the other 50% will turn up in that final 10 mins and miss the first 10-15 mins of the game.

Anyone who turn up around 7.35 and expects to get in before kick off are living in cloud cuckoo land 

I’m amazed you can look at that and think the club are doing it just to be awkward.

14 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Because at the meeting with the council and police they stated that the club need give advice on entry times , take it up with them , the club did not make the decision on their own accord , had nothing to do with the board , and that’s a fact 

Edited by Finlay21

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Do you really think Ayr would put something in place that they don’t have to just to spite us? I don’t believe that for a second, it’s old firm levels of shite.

Good to see some Killie fans are sensible 

As far as I'm aware staggered entrances havent been a thing since the return of "capacity" crowds. Rangers and Celtic both had 45-50k at their grounds this week, and no staggered entrances. Can I assume that SAC are just being dicks as usual and want to swing their rules and regulations?

Edited by Thereisalight..

27 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

As far as I'm aware staggered entrances havent been a thing since the return of "capacity" crowds. Rangers and Celtic both had 45-50k at their grounds this week, and no staggered entrances. Can I assume that SAC are just being dicks as usual and want to swing their rules and regulations?

A lot of the instructions were given by the police due to the cramped area and number of turnstiles, they foresee a lot of congestion at the entrance to the away end, stand and Somerset road end due to the amount of space which has been removed during the building of the hub , that’s why they suggested getting people towards the away end and stand as early as possible , to minimise the congestion , even they understood that it is a tall ask but needed to put some advice out there 

Edited by Finlay21

22 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It'll be police based i'd imagine, problem with our ground is the location and route of travel for away fans which involves going right by the home end with that pinchpoint right at the corner outside the Somerset Road End. 

Lot of the modern stadiums have designated seperate exits for away fans which don't crossover with home supporters

32 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Because at the meeting with the council and police they stated that the club need give advice on entry times , take it up with them , the club did not make the decision on their own accord , had nothing to do with the board , and that’s a fact 

How can both sets of fans be expected to adhere to this 'advice'.

3000 fans expected to go through 3 turnstiles in 15 minutes. plus covid checks.

What kind of advice is that?

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

How can both sets of fans be expected to adhere to this 'advice'.

3000 fans expected to go through 3 turnstiles in 15 minutes. plus covid checks.

What kind of advice is that?

They did not say they would be through the gates in that time , they wanted fans heading to that area , you don’t have 3 turnstiles including the stand you have 5 entrances , entry is much quicker as no cash being handed over , simple scan ticket and go in , Covid checks are being completed well before you get to an entrance , they are being completed outwith the turnstile areas , club had to put out guideline it’s up to fans wither they abide to them but no one will be refused entry for turning up early or late , just the later you turn up the bigger the queues will be , 

Edited by Finlay21

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

It'll be police based i'd imagine, problem with our ground is the location and route of travel for away fans which involves going right by the home end with that pinchpoint right at the corner outside the Somerset Road End. 

Lot of the modern stadiums have designated seperate exits for away fans which don't crossover with home supporters

Totally agree, it’s probably a sensible move from Ayr to protect their fans as much as possible. 

They did not say they would be through the gates in that time , they wanted fans heading to that area , you don’t have 3 turnstiles including the stand you have 5 entrances , entry is much quicker as no cash being handed over , simple scan ticket and go in , Covid checks are being completed well before you get to an entrance , they are being completed outwith the turnstile areas , club had to put out guideline it’s up to fans wither they abide to them but no one will be refused entry for turning up early or late , just the later you turn up the bigger the queues will be , 

Stop being sensible with your replies. Play the game.