Terrifying public information films

ICTChris

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Are chip pans still a thing? Or did they go the way of white dog shit at the start of the noughties?

Deep fat fryers will have replaced them.

I remember our chip pan went on fire when me and my sister were in on our own. Our parents were probably driving back from the pub. Anyway, I held the back door open and she managed to chuck it out.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Last through the fence always got blocked on the train side by pals. The noise and smoke from the diesel freights was terrifying. Didn't stop us using the shortcut for years though.

I've seen some accounts of rail suicides and accidents, it's a messy business.

In My previous employment I attended quite a few fatalities and yes it can be very messy, I won't go into too much detail but when something traveling at even only 30mph its sheer mass can absolutely smash a person into bits very easily .

On 18/10/2021 at 23:04, Lurkst said:

I've never been able to find it online, but the film about hypothermia with an airman staggering about a snowy forest certainly encouraged me to eat a hot breakfast before going out to school in winter.

I remember that and have never found it online.

I remember him trudging in knee deep snow with nothing but a green flying suit on.

Another I could never find was the fire safety one where the old guy in a flat cap is watching the horse racing on a Saturday afternoon and falls asleep smoking a cigarette, house goes up like a Roman candle

Not exactly terrifying but does anyone else remember the interlude films about medieval battles? Again I've had no joy finding them online.

They would show a map with castles on it and a trumpet fanfare, then you'd get lots of shaky photos of ancient ruins with battle cries and clanking swords dubbed on to the soundtrack.

15 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

I remember him trudging in knee deep snow with nothing but a green flying suit on.

Another I could never find was the fire safety one where the old guy in a flat cap is watching the horse racing on a Saturday afternoon and falls asleep smoking a cigarette, house goes up like a Roman candle

Looked here?

https://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/films/view_all_films.htm

16 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Cant help but read that in a Welsh accent.

Stand out from Robbie's story was the mum saying "it's my right!" to see him and the PC saying "you'll only be in the way".

Nowadays the safety message would be lost in outrage at that part of the script...... 

I was horrified by the movie Silence of the Lambs... Pretty psychological. I saw it on fmovies and I still remember every moment of it. The whole time I was watching it there was a constant feeling of if not fear then a lot of tension, that's for sure. All the time you're waiting for some kind of a catch. That's it, it's coming. Anthony Hopkins played Hannibal Lecter superbly. Although the movie is not really about him. But the psychiatrist-maniac's personality is very intriguing. Honestly but his look is just something. Jodie Foster is very young. And she's actually quite beautiful. And she plays it very well and heartfelt. And the way she plays the sense of fear it's incredible. As if it's not her there crawling somewhere in the dark at the sight of a serial killer with night vision. It's you doing it for her.

Edited by Karl47