Clydebank v Elgin

Greenmachine

11 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just back home. Was so disappointed with the first half, my assessment the team were obviously a bit struck by the occasion and we just couldnt get going. Second half was a typical Clydebank performance, lots of pressing. Gallachers corners were great, wish Darroch had got the headers on target. Elgins keeper dropped the ball and I genuinely didnt see it as a foul, he landed awkwardly and dropped the ball. Looking forward to the return game. Very proud of the second half performance and the work our board and volunteers do behind the scenes. 

The Clydebank manager deliberately played deep in the first half, drawing attacks from Elgin which, apart from one, came to nothing much at all. Second half not much to be afraid of and pushed forward to show how much better they are than the visitors.

Play back the incident when the Elgin keeper was injured (pleased he was OK). He wasn't fouled. It was a goal but not  given. 

Thought Gallacher ran the show. Stood out.

I expected better from Loy on comms.

The amount of times he got the identity of the players wrong was ridiculous. Particularly at the penalty his surprise that Little wasn't taking it with his record...as Little stepped up and scored.

48 minutes ago, Dev said:

The Clydebank manager deliberately played deep in the first half, drawing attacks from Elgin which, apart from one, came to nothing much at all. Second half not much to be afraid of and pushed forward to show how much better they are than the visitors.

Play back the incident when the Elgin keeper was injured (pleased he was OK). He wasn't fouled. It was a goal but not  given. 

Thought Gallacher ran the show. Stood out.

Couldnt agree more.

4 hours ago, Dev said:

Play it back with your glasses on. :lol: You'd be happy for this to stand as goal up the other end, aye?

clydebank.JPG

No argument from me that it was a foul on the keeper 

Enjoyed that last night after a very nervy half hour when I was worried Elgin were going to go further ahead I thought Bankies were the better side 

Much better second half from Bankies and thought we could have sneaked it - some solid performances throughout but Niven , Darroch and Gallacher stood out for Bankies 

Tremendous atmosphere as well - thought the young team with their drum were fantastic- hope they make a regular reappearance at Holm Park

Well done to all involved at the Bankies. My dad is a born and bred Bankie and grew up supporting Clydebank. He often regales us with tales of travelling down to Stranraer on Tuesday night. After moving to Cumbernauld in the 80s, he now goes to Clyde games alongside me and my brother. At the time my brother and I were both getting into football, it was the early 2000s and unfortunately the original Clydebank had been taken over by Airdrie (and I use “taken over” politely) and my dad wanted us to support our local team so Clyde it was. Regardless, he’s delighted tonight. The scenario of “Who would you support?” if we ever met was a frequent topic of conversation when we were growing up. Even now he’s saying he can’t lose.

We’ve still gone along to plenty of Clydebank games including two of the promotions at Glenhead, one at Bellshill, one at Holm Park, a fair few Sectional League Cup finals and, of course, the Junior Cup final. I have fond memories of watching the likes of Mark Hailstones, Andy Kenna, Stefan Gonet, Stevie Dallas and Stevie Dymock, Chris Mackie and Alan Jack for my self-proclaimed second team growing up. The ultimate glory hunting Clydebank supporter, I suppose.

Having been there on Monday, I would not be surprised if Clydebank turned Clyde over. We really are in dreadful form and must be the slowest team playing in any senior league on the planet currently. Clydebank on the other hand, were brave, pacy down the flanks (in the second half anyway) and battled away well in midfield.

Whilst blind loyalty has me hoping for a Clyde victory, if any team are to beat us, as many have this season, I’d be happier if it were Clydebank. Looking forward to being at Holm Park next month.

On 26/10/2021 at 14:42, Ginaro said:

Play it back with your glasses on. :lol: You'd be happy for this to stand as goal up the other end, aye?

clydebank.JPG

Try posting the video clip.

Anyway the keeper was OK, thankfully, and the better team won the tie!

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

You can argue as much as you like but when I saw the incident I didn't see it as you do. No need to get irate.

Come up with the video clip and I will be happy to agree with you if you're are correct.

10 hours ago, Dev said:

You can argue as much as you like but when I saw the incident I didn't see it as you do. No need to get irate.

Come up with the video clip and I will be happy to agree with you if you're are correct.

I was right in line with it. I thought at the time it was a foul every single day of the week and the replays confirm that. You can't make contact with a keeper when he's holding the ball.

Anyway, congratulations lads. If Clyde decide not to risk Goodwillie against you guys then I'd seriously fancy your chances. Then (coupled with us avoiding a shock against Sauchie) we'll pump you out in the next round ;)