Explosion in Ayr

13 hours ago, 101 said:

See when the house is blown to hell like in this case, how on earth does anyone identify a cause. 

Like I would have no idea where to start when there is nothing there.

The most obvious starting point is the direction and distance of travel of debris. It will take you back to the centre of the explosion. Even before detailed analysis you’ll have an idea of the source if the boiler / meter / cooker or whatever were in that location.

15 hours ago, The Moonster said:

My boss told us yesterday that this explosion was a result of someone fucking about with their gas supply in order to circumvent the meter. He's from Ayrshire and is always certain about these things, one of these guys who claims that almost every event has a criminal undertone to it. He may well turn out to be correct but I find it fascinating how quickly these narratives form in his head. 

The lack of a straightforward narrative suggest some c***s been up tae something and nae c**t leaves until we find out which c**t did it.

Are the occupants brown breid yet?

8 hours ago, Bonksy+HisChristianParade said:

I’d be shocked if they all survive tbh. Horrible stuff. Genuinely gives you the fear as to how it could happen though. 

South Ayrshire Council issued an update yesterday and stated that their condition hadn't deteriorated, but of course that can go either way. This is the sort of thing you hear about in the media, you don't expect it to happen on your doorstep. I don't recommend the experience.

It's lucky this didn't happen two or three months ago when it would still be light at the time and the weather was good. 

I (wrongly as it looks) assumed the house must have been empty with the injured being in the neighbouring house that was badly damaged.

Incredible that anyone in that house could have got pulled out alive, never mind all of them.

A good few years back Secret Millionaire showed a few families/people from the local area as it usually did. 

After the show was aired, one of the people who had been filmed in a house with minimum furnishings and no electricity was in the local paper complaining that he got nothing and was surely more deserving than those in the show that did.

What he forgot to mention was that the reason his house was in such a crappy state or repair was because he had been fiddling the leccy which had caused a house fire. 

The reason he was sitting in the house getting interviewed with no leccy for the show, was because after fiddling and causing a fire the first time, he had obviously not learned his lesson and had been caught fiddling it a second time.  

4 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

A good few years back Secret Millionaire showed a few families/people from the local area as it usually did. 

After the show was aired, one of the people who had been filmed in a house with minimum furnishings and no electricity was in the local paper complaining that he got nothing and was surely more deserving than those in the show that did.

What he forgot to mention was that the reason his house was in such a crappy state or repair was because he had been fiddling the leccy which had caused a house fire. 

The reason he was sitting in the house getting interviewed with no leccy for the show, was because after fiddling and causing a fire the first time, he had obviously not learned his lesson and had been caught fiddling it a second time.  

Probably needed the full three bars for the plants.

• 3 weeks later...

As way of an update SGN is replacing the entire gas main network in the estate with plastic pipes, starting later this month. 

Three of the four houses in the block have been demolished. I don't know why one is still standing. I wonder if it's an insurance issue.

6 minutes ago, RedEd said:

As way of an update SGN is replacing the entire gas main network in the estate with plastic pipes, starting later this month. 

Three of the four houses in the block have been demolished. I don't know why one is still standing. I wonder if it's an insurance issue.

Looking like a true survivor.