St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 Sunday 24/10/21

Complete shite from St Mirren. What did I say about keeping doing what we were doing to earn the lead? Yes, the 2012 Franchise were always going to have some periods of pressure, but we’ve invited it, absolutely reverted to the usual shite against an ugly. Just disappeared up our own arses after twenty fabulous minutes.

HT 1-2
Started well and deserved to be ahead. They dominated from about 20 mins onward though and the goal was coming. McCarthy with an unusual mistake for the second.
Still in the game, need to start the second half like we started the first.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Complete shite from St Mirren. What did I say about keeping doing what we were doing to earn the lead? Yes, the 2012 Franchise were always going to have some periods of pressure, but we’ve invited it, absolutely reverted to the usual shite against an ugly. Just disappeared up our own arses after twenty fabulous minutes.

Every f****** team seems to f****** do that for some unknown f****** reason.

Feel like we have mugged St Mirren a bit there to go in ahead. Even though we’d picked it up a bit (inspired by Hagi), we were still second best by a long way for half an hour.

I’d still replace Davis at half time. Whatever it is he can’t seem to get the ball under control quick enough and Kamara usually has an assured touch.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

There's no way we could keep up that pace for 45 minutes straight. 

We’re obviously still in this, but if the Franchise run out winners, can any St Mirren fans who post on here please, please, do not post the following line…. ‘They were there for the taking today’.

Just don’t. Thanks in advance.

I thought the foul for the penalty looked just outside the box but I guess not going by the reaction here.

Awful from Power for the first goal although he’s played well otherwise. McCarthy’s been sloppy all day and was completely at fault for the second.

Don’t think we’re out of this if we can get back to how we were moving the ball in the first 20 minutes, we need to get the ball to Tanser more now that Tavernier is booked. Amazing goal from Ronan but he needs to stop the aimless through balls.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

There's no way we could keep up that pace for 45 minutes straight. 

I know, we cannot do it for the entire game, but we stopped looking to do it. The way we conceded possession that ended up in their penalty. It was because we had given up looking to go forward, and instead, looked to play it backwards. The attitude needed to remain positive, but it simply reverted to type.