St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 Sunday 24/10/21

The blue cheeks visit our fine town and will nondoubt bring the tone down, we’ve done it before and don’t think we have anything to be worried about, would love to silence the 2 stands we give them, take their blue pound and shove it up their arse.

2-1 saints Top bin McGinn strike by Brophy

10 minutes ago, bennett said:

2 - 2, St Mirren to take advantage of our nervousness at the back.

I've not really been paying attention... What do you put your not-so-hot performances down to so far this season? Beyond 'nervousness at the back'.

I was assuming you'd really kick on this season. 

Really looking forward to this game feeling very optimistic.  Our goal against looks poor due to Celtic scoring 6 goals. However we were down to 10 men after 18min. We also had a decent goal chopped off to make it 2-1. If that was not bad enough we got goals chopped off in our next two  against Dundee United and St Johnstone again proved wrong chopped off . That would have St Mirren third in the league.  But hey hoo we all suffer shite refs unless your the old firm of course. Goodwin does not play defensive football ( love you Jim)  We will 100% have a go so will it be 3-6-1 no chance I can see it being 4-5-1 . Rangers are a strong team not playing great but winning games.  St Mirren 6 games undefeated of which the last three are wins. Can't make the game due to starting work at 3pm but it means the game can be watched on Sky. Have given my season ticket to a mate Rangers fan so be nice Saints fans he is a sound guy. We have a £10 bet on with each other.  I'm going to put a few bob on this game in the bookies also. Really feel St Mirren can win this in Paisley not easy but winnable at home. 

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I've not really been paying attention... What do you put your not-so-hot performances down to so far this season? Beyond 'nervousness at the back'.

Don't be fooled a team playing not great at the top of the league to me means that have more to come. However don't underestimate St Mirren Goodwin won't be long manager of Saints his CV makes for very impressive reading in my humble opinion.  

8 hours ago, ZingaliMan said:

Really looking forward to this game feeling very optimistic.  Our goal against looks poor due to Celtic scoring 6 goals. However we were down to 10 men after 18min. We also had a decent goal chopped off to make it 2-1. If that was not bad enough we got goals chopped off in our next two  against Dundee United and St Johnstone again proved wrong chopped off . That would have St Mirren third in the league.  But hey hoo we all suffer shite refs unless your the old firm of course. Goodwin does not play defensive football ( love you Jim)  We will 100% have a go so will it be 3-6-1 no chance I can see it being 4-5-1 . Rangers are a strong team not playing great but winning games.  St Mirren 6 games undefeated of which the last three are wins. Can't make the game due to starting work at 3pm but it means the game can be watched on Sky. Have given my season ticket to a mate Rangers fan so be nice Saints fans he is a sound guy. We have a £10 bet on with each other.  I'm going to put a few bob on this game in the bookies also. Really feel St Mirren can win this in Paisley not easy but winnable at home. 

Will be writing to Saints today to ask that your seat be made a red zone for the rest of the season. 

3 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Will be writing to Saints today to ask that your seat be made a red zone for the rest of the season. 

Feel free I have been in the home end at ibrox and parkhead due to mates giving me their season tickets. Two rows behind me is the hospitality seats always old firm fans sitting there when we play them so maybe you should add that into your e-mail/letter also. 

Me? I ignore OF games, both fanbases have at their core attention seeking, petty minded, self righteous, idiots who go into full on self-victimisation mode at the drop of a hat.

So yeah, it would be nice to win this, and I hope we play well regardless of the result, but all I'll do is check the score later on.

Edited by Ric

1 hour ago, Ric said:

Me? I ignore OF games, both fanbases have at their core attention seeking, petty minded, self righteous, idiots who go into full on self-victimisation mode at the drop of a hat.

So yeah, it would be nice to win this, and I hope we play were regardless of the result, but all I'll do is check the score later on.

I tend to tune in (when possible) and you tend to get a decent idea of how the game's going to pan out quite early on. If we're actually showing up then I'll usually stick with them.

I had turned off the Parkhead game before Power was even off the park...

10 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Our defence need to be switched on with the midfield being solid for this one. I would swap Ethan for Flynn to give us more defensive cover. 

How does that switch give us more defensive cover? It's a myth Erhahon doesn't do a job defensively. If you want to be more defensive then you'd have to sacrifice either Ronan or McGrath, they play higher up than Erhahon and Power. None of the 4 deserve to be dropped. 

If Erhahon is injured from Saturday that should be the only reason he would miss out. I wouldn't like to see Goodwin make any changes from what has become our first choice unless those injured on Saturday don't make it.

1 hour ago, Coventry Saint said:

I tend to tune in (when possible) and you tend to get a decent idea of how the game's going to pan out quite early on. If we're actually showing up then I'll usually stick with them.

The availability of streams has changed my opinion a little. At least you can mute it.

17 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Goldson imo is running his contract down,  chopping and changing the centre backs and the 1st choice full backs both look out of sorts.  

At times I think we're trying to play too much football if that makes sense. 

2 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

How does that switch give us more defensive cover? It's a myth Erhahon doesn't do a job defensively. If you want to be more defensive then you'd have to sacrifice either Ronan or McGrath, they play higher up than Erhahon and Power. None of the 4 deserve to be dropped. 

If Erhahon is injured from Saturday that should be the only reason he would miss out. I wouldn't like to see Goodwin make any changes from what has become our first choice unless those injured on Saturday don't make it.

Reality doesn't matter anymore when it comes to Erhahon. It's been decided, he's lazy, has a bad attitude, etc.

2 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

Sweating on Tanser; he'd be a huge miss if he's out. Hopefully it was just a slight tweak.

They’re the only team in the league to have more points than us from the last six games. We’ve just had three consecutive games against bottom six opponents, and we won the lot, extending our unbeaten run to six games in the process.
A fourth win in a row would likely propel us into the top six and put us just four points behind the visitors.
Of course we will probably lose, but you never know. We are certainly in better form now than we were going into the league cup fixture last year, which was the only game Rangers lost to a Scottish opponent last season.
It’s no coincidence that we have named the same starting 11 for those three wins and I expect we will be unchanged again.
Both Erhahon and Tanser went off at the weekend, but hopefully both should be fit enough to start here.
Just as well, the two of them seem to be involved in most of our goals. Tanser assisted one and scored one on Saturday. Erhahon assisted the other, scored the winner at Livi the week before and set up another in the win against Aberdeen. Absolute madness that some fans want him dropped, but here we are. Thankfully Jim won’t be listening to that nonsense.
Quite a big game for Rangers this. Hearts are at home to Dundee, so if they fail to get the three points they would likely drop to second. They need the win and they’ll probably just get it.
0-1