Arbroath vs Ayr United

I only watched the stream but that was the worst I've seen us this season (Aberdeen kids aside), really poor once we scored and the equiliser was coming. Draw a fair result although we really should have scored with one of the chances we had late on - that one looked over the line to me. 4 games without a win, 3 points out of 12, the exciting, attacking football from a few weeks ago is fast becoming a distant memory. Not playing with anything like the confidence we had, and why the constant high ball (particularly in the wind)? when we kept it on the ground earlier in the season we were almost unstoppable.

Nouble looked a little off the pace, Dowds doesn't look to offer any more of a scoring threat than Donnelly. Surely that was a game for Bobby Linn to get the ball down and run at them.

Luckily other results today mean we've not lost any ground on teams below.

Edited by Tattie36

I thought we were ok... until we scored.

Actually worked out a lot better than I thought it would have. McKenna and Stewart were excellent I thought. ToB was stinking. Dowds and Nouble both decent. Clark was ok overall but again some really bad moments in there, had a howler second half where he could’ve ran on to it and he tried to let it run across him and they were in and got a sustained period of play in our half after. Every game he plays that happens. LD out of position but he done alright.

I think we deserved the win but f**k me we are a right industrious side (and not bad at it) without Nicky Low putting his foot on the ball in the middle of the pitch. 

IF THE CLUB READS THIS THE SEGREGATION BEING THERE WAS SUPERB. Yes there was a wee bit of back n forth with the goals but love that. Million times better. 

Think crowd was announced as 1415. Solid sustained crowds like that this year. 

2 points dropped 

Gutted deffo 2 points dropped but as one of the other lichties on here said there goal was always coming as we were giving away silly fouls. Then boom leads to a goal. Could not see if ball was over the line or not but the last 20 mins was screaming out for linn or paterson to come on and just run at the ayr defenders. How henderson was dropped from the midfield is mind boggling class player in there and clark just is not up to the job. NEED NICKY LOW BACK ASAP. Well done ayr uses stayed in game and got your point must feel like a win. We move on and hopefully pick up 3 points next week at home to dunfermline.

32 minutes ago, AuAl said:

We've stolen a point there. Pretty sure that chance arbroath had near the end was over the line. You love to see it.

Afolabi could and probably should have scored a second with about 3 mins to go but dragged it past the post.

That said, I'll happily take the point !!!

3 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Afolabi could and probably should have scored a second with about 3 mins to go but dragged it past the post.

That said, I'll happily take the point !!!

That was a hard chance mate 

eta right beside it 

Edited by 1320Lichtie

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

That was a hard chance mate 

eta right beside it 

Yes you're probably right, we're just all a bit hard on Afolabi due to his games under Hopkin, however if I'm being totally honest he wasn't that bad for us last week and did well when he came on today.

I think you're really missing Nicky Low as he's a class act but even without him you probably did enough to beat us today but ultimately it's a really good point from our perspective.

2 points dropped there, we were on top scored then took our foot of the gas and you knew the Ayr goal was coming as they started getting forward. No idea what was going on with these Ayr goal line scrambles near the end. We were ok but hurry back Nicky Low.

That's twice we've let Ayr off the hook this season but they did keep going.

Also thought that was a good number of home support.

Edited by keptie

One thing that has shown a few times this season is we are quite resilient and do keep going until the final whistle. It’s a far cry from last season where all it took was one goal for the heads to go down.