Arbroath vs Ayr United

The best away trip in the league rears it’s big Smoky head for the first time this season and I cannot wait for it. We did really well to come back and win on Saturday so hopefully a good performance for the majority of the match here to set us up nicely for the derby.

I’d keep the same team that finished for us on Saturday with the exception of Adeloye for Moffat. It’s hard to know if we’ll get a good performance out of Chalmers but he really made a difference at the weekend so I’d keep him in.

We’ve been a bit flat since the Killie game and haven’t won in 3 so really need a return to the form we showed a few weeks ago. Hopefully a full squad to choose from (aside from Nicky Low obviously), drop Hilson and JT to the bench and hope for a big performance from Nouble.

Absolutely buzzing, love Arbroath away.

Last time I made the pilgrimage I got three trains and two replacement buses for a game that was abandoned half way through. And it was still worth the trip. 

Arbroath 0-1 Ayr. Dick Campbell on the pitch giving the ref a square go as Aero sticks away a last gasp penalty.

More likely Nouble will rip our defence to shreds.

Edited by AuAl

Buzzing for this one. Arbroath is probably my favourite away day in the league. I actually think this is a pretty big game for us, looking at the league table there is already a split happening between top 5 and bottom 5 if we were to lose this game Arbroath would be 7 points ahead for us and even this early in the season that would be difficult to claw back. 

Is Nicky Low likely to be back for this one? Joel Nouble quite rightly gets most of the plaudits however I feel everything good Arbroarh do tends to come through Low, if he didn’t have injury issues he’d comfortably be playing in the premiership.

Presuming everyone that was out on Saturday is again out I’d go (4-3-3): McAdams, McAllister, Baird, Fjortoft, Reading, Muirhead, Murdoch, Chalmers, Bradley, Maxwell, Adeloye 

Subs: Albinson, Ecrepont, Salkeld, Moffat, Afolabi, whoever else is fit.

ETA: Once Daire O’Connor is back I’d have him as a winger and Maxwell as our most advanced centre mid with Muirhead replacing one of Baird or Fjortoft at cente half and that’s our best 11 imo. 

4 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Looking forward to this - always a good away day - would be happy with a draw - delighted with a win - almost expecting to lose - bookies have Arbroath odds on to win it

Odds are well off I think 3/1 for Ayr is great value and worth putting on.

Despite signing 5 options for every place in our back line, we will have another patched up defence tomorrow. although it is strengthened by the absence of McGinty. 

We are a better team than the one that rescued a draw at the start of the season but we are also capable of caving in like we did against Thistle.  We haven't really built up momentum, we are just a lot better than we were. The games against Morton and Partick showed we can still struggle in games against teams round about us.

At the moment I'm just happy to not lose the ground we have over Morton, Dunfermline and Hamilton. As long as we can match or better their results it won't be a bad afternoon.  

Up their with Fir Park as my favourite away game of the season.

I heard rumour that the Bell Rock chippie is a shadow of its former self as under new management? Any truth in that you Lichties? May consider going off to the Marina for our pre-game fish tea if so. 

Edited by Yid_in_Exiile