They looked or sounded the part

8 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The most epic waste of a cool name on an uncool player has to be “Zander Diamond” Aberdeen’s defensive workhorse and sidekick to Russel Anderson

If you’re called something like “Zander Diamond” you should really be a Bond villain but if you have to be a footballer you need to be a maverick attacking player who tries audacious things

Tony Watt, for instance, could get away with being called something like Zander Diamond

Zander Diamond should have been called something like Tony Watt

What you might imagine "Zander Diamond" looks like:harlequin-fabio1.jpg.d3c96e231cf827d0380e86df93042188.jpg

What Zander Diamond looks like:

download.png.67f5ea8e71131ad89847abf7bd799ac2.png

11 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The most epic waste of a cool name on an uncool player has to be “Zander Diamond” Aberdeen’s defensive workhorse and sidekick to Russel Anderson

If you’re called something like “Zander Diamond” you should really be a Bond villain but if you have to be a footballer you need to be a maverick attacking player who tries audacious things

Tony Watt, for instance, could get away with being called something like Zander Diamond

Zander Diamond should have been called something like Tony Watt

I've called him something like T. Watt a few times, to be fair.

2F27DEBF-4EB2-4907-966D-7C57C1A6F17E.jpeg.9330b098e2a5ecd1110dc471ce186beb.jpeg
Gabriel Rojo de la Vega Piccolo. Just look at him. That name and his looks almost compensated for the fact that he’s one of the worst centre halves I’ve ever seen. Retired right after leaving us in his early twenties. I believe he’s now a minor celebrity in Mexico. 

We also had Mathias Pogba, who’s hair looked like this and has obvious family footballing connections. Turned up and said he wanted people to stop talking about his brother and start talking about him. He was shite though, only scored twice and left after a season. he has, however,  inexplicably went on to play in the Eredivisie. 

AACE87E5-45B9-4B0F-8928-16BAE4F9E12B.thumb.jpeg.afd252502f0aa51a67636dae57f3659b.jpeg

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

2F27DEBF-4EB2-4907-966D-7C57C1A6F17E.jpeg.9330b098e2a5ecd1110dc471ce186beb.jpeg
Gabriel Rojo de la Vega Piccolo. Just look at him. That name and his looks almost compensated for the fact that he’s one of the worst centre halves I’ve ever seen. Retired right after leaving us in his early twenties. I believe he’s now a minor celebrity in Mexico. 

We also had Mathias Pogba, who’s hair looked like this and has obvious family footballing connections. Turned up and said he wanted people to stop talking about his brother and start talking about him. He was shite though, only scored twice and left after a season. he has, however,  inexplicably went on to play in the Eredivisie. 

AACE87E5-45B9-4B0F-8928-16BAE4F9E12B.thumb.jpeg.afd252502f0aa51a67636dae57f3659b.jpeg

Wonder if we could get a whole team of "superstar's shite brother" from the Scottish Premiership?

29 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Wonder if we could get a whole team of "superstar's shite brother" from the Scottish Premiership?

Reckon we could if it was decent to superstar with shite relative.

30 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

A solid* spine to the team so far with Anton Ferdinand, Rodney Sneijder and Mathias Pogba.

We also had Niall Keown, son of Martin, for a while. He was good for 6 months, then became appalling for the rest of his time with us. 

*by solid, i of course mean pish. 

3 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A solid* spine to the team so far with Anton Ferdinand, Rodney Sneijder and Mathias Pogba.

We also had Niall Keown, son of Martin, for a while. He was good for 6 months, then became appalling for the rest of his time with us. 

*by solid, i of course mean pish. 

Ferdinand was exceptional for us, stick yer pish up yer arse.

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Not a brother exactly (well, not in that sense) but there must be room for Sherwin Seedorf somewhere across the front three. After one rocket against Hearts, he drifted to "impact sub" to "unused sub", although the position his talent merited would have been manning the pie stall.

maxresdefault.jpg