Dundee United FC v Motherwell FC Saturday 23 October 2021

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Just posted to the BBC website.

Siegel Dijkstra: The story of a Scottish football cult hero.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53040182

He would rush out with limbs failing and not always collect ... No wonder he didn't always collect. He did very well to rush anywhere. in that state.

Mulgrew takes a swinger with his weaker foot and it turns out to be one of the greatest crosses of his life! Question marks over Kelly and O'Donnell for me. 

Slattery must go to work wondering what he's done wrong to be lumbered with Goss & Grimshaw alongside him in midfield. They are pish. 

Van Veen a man down yet again. 

Not too much between the teams, tbf, but Utd probably just shading it. 

clancy coming in there with his imagenary fouls to deny us a goal back.

otherwise we have been terrible once again. defense is a shambles with SOD being useless and grimshaw taking any attacking threat and passing it back. Mugabi has also been extremely suspect as well.

also the corners have not been working at all but we still keep trying the same trick. WHY?

1 minute ago, Phillips455 said:

clancy coming in there with his imagenary fouls to deny us a goal back.

He had a hand on each shoulder. yer classic "climbing" action. Looked a definite foul.

2 minutes ago, Desp said:

Mulgrew takes a swinger with his weaker foot and it turns out to be one of the greatest crosses of his life! Question marks over Kelly and O'Donnell for me. 

Slattery must go to work wondering what he's done wrong to be lumbered with Goss & Grimshaw alongside him in midfield. They are pish. 

Van Veen a man down yet again. 

Not too much between the teams, tbf, but Utd probably just shading it. 

Agree with that.

Changes all over the pitch needed.

Alexander seems to be stuck with a team that has lost 2 in a row.

How many games does he need to see that Grimshaw is offereing nothing. I can't believe he has been moved into the centre of the 3 after his disgraceful performance against Celtic. i unironically would rather have Robbie Crawford on the park.

And Nathan McGinley is still offering zero at left back.

More evidence that Bevis should be the first choice right back.

Seigrist is a great shot stopper but his distribution from foot is woeful.

Ball played back to him, plays it to nobody.  Luckily we get a foul.  Takes the foul.  Straight out the park.  Not for the first time today. 

I am not expecting him to play like a sweeper but at least get it close to a United player.

3 games in a row where the tatics seem to be:

Don't attack

Concede goals that any semi professional should save

Give up.

No Plan B once we go 1-0 down and it shows. Midfield was atrocious and defense was poor for nearly every cross. So much space and procession was given away AND it was in areas where they could actually do harm. I thought that plan was to shepard the ball to try and force long shots? All I saw was nearly every attack going through on goal instead.

Also waiting until 10 minutes left to make some form of sub is atrocious as well. Something needed to change and it only happened after it became pointless. The season will start to go down hill if we lose to St mirren next as I bet you the Rangers game is a sure fire loss with these kinds of performances.