Dundee United FC v Motherwell FC Saturday 23 October 2021

3 hours ago, kdyteejay said:

I don’t think they were a dirty team more a physical team. 

I know we all see things through the lens of our own team and I am no different but I have never seen a team playing the obstruction card so readily as United. Every kick off, every run to close down the keeper was obstructed by an off the ball block.  Clancy was happy with it so fair game.

On 17/10/2021 at 20:39, ropy said:

Is it on a pub crawl line from the ground to the station?

Didn’t get a curry as it turned out, my United mate got fascinated by Brewdog’s collabfest and wanted to talk about the game!

No one warned me about the hill (town) up from the station. 

22 hours ago, Casagolda said:

We got done by two set piece goals.

I am not convinced that you can describe Mulgrew running down the wing, doing a fancy shuffle-thing with the ball to go past a Motherwell playey and then playing a beautiful cross into the box for Edwards to score as a set-piece. If it was, then Tam Courts puts more thought and planning into his set pieces than any other manager in football.

32 minutes ago, Lancashirearab said:

I am not convinced that you can describe Mulgrew running down the wing, doing a fancy shuffle-thing with the ball to go past a Motherwell playey and then playing a beautiful cross into the box for Edwards to score as a set-piece. If it was, then Tam Courts puts more thought and planning into his set pieces than any other manager in football.

I had it in my mind that it came straight back out to Mulgrew who put it back in. 

A recycled set piece maybe. Otherwise there’s no reason why one of your centre backs would be on the right wing crossing to your other centre back on the at the back post. 

Fair play to Mulgrew, it was a cracking ball in either way.