Dundee United FC v Motherwell FC Saturday 23 October 2021

Happy with the result.  Not an easy game. 

Who'd have thought we would be sitting joint top at this stage of the season.  I will just enjoy the moment while I can. 

Secure safety.  Possible top 6.  Anything better that would be a bonus.  A wee run in Scottish would be great if possible.

Wasn’t there today, luckily, but It’s good to see McGinley’s brutal performance last week earned him 90 minutes today.

This seasons going to be pretty average, could finish anywhere from 6-8th, no higher or lower. With our better players tied down to longer contracts, hopefully this season is just about phasing out the remainder of last seasons weak squad.

3 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

I never thought of Motherwell as dirty team

That's your first mistake right there, my friend. 

Full marks to the Utd PA guy, however, for firing on the HBK theme tune when Mulgrew scored. 

We were rotten. Big changes required for Wednesday night to stop the rot. 

Unreal right wing play by Mulgrew for the first goal! Then penalty box link up to score the winner. He's been some addition and works very well with Edwards.

Van Veen was pretty underwhelming, after the radio talking him up of late. But that was a good bit of Motherwell pressure with all the corners before the goal.

Thought the penalty looked soft. Possibly me just thinking keeper usually gets so much 'benefit of the doubt'  in them to never expect the penalty.

There's a fantastic spirit in this United squad. They keep the effort level high, press and win the ball in the opponent's half so often. It keeps them in games even though they don't score. 

Alexander is at it, with his post match interview. Also I wonder what McGinley has got on Alexander that allows him to get as much game time. 

Edited by superwell87

Joint top of the league, eh? 

Spoiler

Where’s a fucking league ending pandemic enforced shutdown when you need it???

Although, to be fair, probably shouldn’t complain too much after what happened last time round…

Edited by Junior_Arab

3 minutes ago, East Coast Warrior said:

Unreal right wing play by Mulgrew for the first goal! Then penalty box link up to score the winner. He's been some addition and works very well with Edwards.

Thought the penalty looked soft. Possibly me just thinking keeper usually gets so much 'benefit of the doubt'  in them to never expect the penalty.

There's a fantastic spirit in this United squad. They keep the effort level high, press and win the ball in the opponent's half so often. It keeps them in games even though they don't score. 

Mulgrew's been a fantastic signing and that cross on his weaker foot for Edwards was superb. You can tell that he and Edwards are enjoying playing alongside each other.

I thought the penalty was the correct decision. Benji was a bit too reckless going to punch the ball. It was a pity because he'd made that brilliant point blank save about a minute or so before that.

Couldn't agree more about the team spirit. The work ethic is great to see. 

2 hours ago, Junior_Arab said:

Joint top of the league, eh? 

Reveal hidden contents

Where’s a fucking league ending pandemic enforced shutdown when you need it???

Although, to be fair, probably shouldn’t complain too much after what happened last time round…

Alphabetically clear at the top of the league, from my viewpoint.

Surprised the 'well supporters on here are quite disparaging of their performance, I was impressed by them going forward and thought Tony Watt was the sort of player most fans would want to see on their team, given his hard work and pest value. Felt you might have deserved a draw.