Dundee United FC v Motherwell FC Saturday 23 October 2021

3 hours ago, ropy said:

Just bought my ticket on line, relatively easy although I had to enter my name in 3 different places.  I liked that I had the option of Scotland or UK as my country of residence, catering for The Rangers fans.

Oh yeah, Dundee United and The Rangers are the best of friends.  The Orcs really like our club.

We never seem to beat Motherwell, but then again we never seemed to beat Hibs either...and then we did.

Everyone in the media seems to be too busy creaming themselves over Hearts (and Hibs, until last week) to notice how well United are currently doing. Are we overachieving? Maybe, but confidence is high right now. There's no reason why we cannot win this game. In truth, I think it will be a draw, and that's ok. Keep up the workrate from the last few games and nobody will have any complaints.

39 minutes ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

We never seem to beat Motherwell, but then again we never seemed to beat Hibs either...and then we did.

Everyone in the media seems to be too busy creaming themselves over Hearts (and Hibs, until last week) to notice how well United are currently doing. Are we overachieving? Maybe, but confidence is high right now. There's no reason why we cannot win this game. In truth, I think it will be a draw, and that's ok. Keep up the workrate from the last few games and nobody will have any complaints.

In my opinion, the current top 5 and Aberdeen are what you would expect to the the top 6. Now that usually isn't the case but I would have thought after a tricky season that Dundee United would push on after becoming more stable.

I always hope for Motherwell to get top 6 and potentially more but the first goal is to push ourselves far away from the relegation zone.

Its going to be an interesting game. I do hope that Van Veen starts and that we finally get a penalty our way.

Apparently Big Sol is still injured which is disappointing but Ojala and Mugabi should be ok again together. I’d play Carroll over McGinley this week.

I’d be dropping O’Donnell for literally anyone as I’ve been really unimpressed with him so far. Midfield is a concern no matter what way you splice it snd im not sold on Woolery either. Van Veen through the middle please.

Despite my moaning and the last 2 lacklustre games and displays I’d 100% have taken where we’re sitting at this stage. 

Utd are on fire just now with some genuinely impressive results. I thought to Courts (along with Glass) was a really risky appointment but shows you what I know.

3-1 Utd I’m afraid.

Had assumed United winning every game 1-0 was what the stats VLs call unsustainable, only for them to absolutely body Hibs at the weekend. 

Had assumed us not having any footballers in midfield would come back to bite us at some point, but had hoped that would be closer to January than October. 

In short; f**k knows. Would bite your hand off for a 0-0 point just to stop the rot.

8 hours ago, thisGRAEME said:

Had assumed United winning every game 1-0 was what the stats VLs call unsustainable, only for them to absolutely body Hibs at the weekend. 

I know pedantry is frowned upon on P&B, but I'd argue us winning 3-0 confirms your assumption that winning every game 1-0 was unsustainable...

10 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

A home win for the lads please.

B1978667-E6AE-4834-949D-A9D0F8DA9137.jpeg

80950494-370F-408A-B09F-22941ECAC53D.jpeg

F702EFAD-297A-4C80-A6F3-F3FF2A0972BA.jpeg

FA6E9206-B74B-4071-A7BC-CFDA6E9992C9.jpeg

David Partridge wants a word. 

Actually a pretty tidy United/'Well combined first 11, that team's winning 4-3 most weeks. Tommy Coyne can GTF.

Sieb Dijkstra

Jim Paterson

Miodrag Krivokapić

David Partridge

Rab Shannon

Morgaro Gomis

Jamie Dolan

John Reilly

Iain Ferguson

Willie Pettigrew

Owen Coyle

Edited by Gibby82