Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Does this commentator ever just shut up? Fucking hell, If he's not rabbiting on he's coughing into the mic. 

His coughing does everyone ‘s nut in and we are coming up to peak Cough and Splutter season. In fairness to Micky, the commentary you hear on the live stream is also used for the audio stream for Jagzone viewers which is why he over elaborates most of the time. As for the game, Dunfermline are awful, we weren’t any better. Draw was a fair result!

Edited by Sting777

The speakers in that stand are way too loud. 

Dunfermline were a shambles, watched so many players shrugging and making "I dont know whats going on" gestures. 

Grant pulled Pybus aside and told him something in an animated fashion and Dan just shuffled away clearly bemused. 

For some reason I feel sorry for Vytas, defensively pretty strong but apart from that struggled big time. 

Those players must be hating going into work, especially on a Saturday. 

The game was a pretty low quality affair. We wasted a few decent chances and Fon Williams pulled out a good save to deny Docherty but we were far from our best today. 

Dunfermline probably had the best chance of the game through Wighton but Sneddon did well to bail us out on that occasion.

We just have to move on to Morton on Tuesday now and focus on trying to get three points there.

Since we ditched the 3 at the back atrocity we no longer get pumped.

Instead, we now drag teams down to our awful level and play out abysmal games and get draws. We stifle games, strangle creativity and force the opposition to respond in kind.

We still though give away far too many opportunities, and soon enough teams will take them. It happened today, and Partick missed a fair few chances. If Foster could cross a ball, we'd have been well down going in to the break.

We missed a couple too mind, and I also think we will eventually take them and win a game. But it will just be a game, and it won't be near enough. 

Anyway, a draw was the right result today. Two desperately poor teams.

P.S. Although the commentary in general was good, I'm unsure why Partick hired Bob Fleming.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

That was like watching the Faroe Islands game again, only without shanning any kind of 87th minute redemption.

That’s essentially what Grant has turned us into; plucky minnows who just defend and try to nick a goal. Expectations have fallen to where being competitive is absurdly seen as an achievement.

Considering he came in all brash, talking about attacking football and fighting for the title, it’s quite the humbling retreat.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

4 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Referee letting things go if it is soft, I like that tbf just get on with the game.

Fairly even game. Thistle haven’t had a clear cut chance. We had an unreal chance for O’Hara on the turn but a Partick player blocked it.

Usual shite though. Gifting the ball away and treating it like a hot tottie. We honestly don’t look like we have a plan on getting a goal when we have possession. Just lumping it forward hoping for a set piece.

One goal to win it, probably a fluke for Thistle the way our luck is going.

Assuming it was Grant Irvine, he’s one of the lowest average card use per game…we just never see that SoB assigned, we get crap like Colin Steven today. Unfortunately for both of us, Alan Muir isn’t in the same category as Grant and he’s the one calling Tuesday.

15 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Assuming it was Grant Irvine, he’s one of the lowest average card use per game…we just never see that SoB assigned, we get crap like Colin Steven today. Unfortunately for both of us, Alan Muir isn’t in the same category as Grant and he’s the one calling Tuesday.

Muir is ok.  Which is probably a good compliment for a ref.

2 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Grant is just firefighting for draws as a minimum and looking to knick results. That is evident from the hoofball and telling Pybus and Allan to just sit back.

We are honestly so fucked. We had the best chances today right enough. Tight angle for Wighton but was hopeful he would do better. Some of the players just look a shell of themselves.

Connolly the best player on the park. We need to keep him beyond January.

Not much else to add really. We have the players but Grant is not utilising them, because he is a terrible manager. Again, he’s just telling them to defend at all costs and don’t lose whatever you do. Poor to watch. Can’t keep that up forever.

Brilliant to see Wilson back. Wee bit off but he has genuine quality we need. Again, I do think we have the players, but it’s just not working under Grant. We all know the board are going to stick by him anyway, so no use moaning about him being the manager.

You really must have been watching that game with black and white tinted glasses. You were awful, and we had one of those games that we could have played all day and still missed every chance. 

15 minutes ago, baba douche said:

You really must have been watching that game with black and white tinted glasses. You were awful, and we had one of those games that we could have played all day and still missed every chance. 

Where does he say in the original post that we were good? 

14 minutes ago, baba douche said:

I can't really recall Fón Williams making too many saves? He punched away a Tiffoney shot in the first half that was right at him and he had two saves in the second half - from Dochery up high and the one down low to his right - but I wouldn't say there were many chances for either team in that game. Wighton probably had the best chance but Sneddon was clever and stayed up when a lesser keeper might have given him the option of the chip. Think there were a couple of half hearted penalty appeals I'd like to see again in the second half but the ref wasn't ever going to give either. We weren't great by any stretch but neither were Thistle and for all the possession, 0-0 was probably a fair result.

39 minutes ago, baba douche said:

Every chance? We barely created one all game.

For all the claims that we have the best attack in the league we must have the worst attacking substitutes in the league. As soon as we replaced Rudden, Graham and Smith with McIver, Murray and Hastie we may as well have asked Dunfermline to accept a point and move on.

If we ever see Hastie again it's far too soon.

Not sure what you are on about. I never said we were good. Creating the two best, clear-cut chances =|= being good. In fact, we were utter shite. Gutless, long ball shite.

Vytas is solid, but he was struggling with an injury, it was obvious, and how Grant never gave Breen a chance is beyond me. Vytas was making poor decisions constantly. Edwards was fucking garbage too. Constantly getting done by Tiffoney and just lumping balls out of play for a goal kick. He is fucking shite. Todorov as well when he came on. Wtf does he actually do? And what was PG’s thinking with that sub? If we had Lewis Martin back along with Wilson today, we’d have a perfect team in my eyes to go out and challenge in this league. Grant is just totally out his depth.

Can’t believe our fans though. Lauding that up at full-time as if it was a good performance. I certainly didn’t applaud that shite. This is where we are now as a club: happy with shite 0-0 draws to bang average teams. We are getting relegated.