Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Thought we could bond over some Joe Cardle but I don't think the Thistle fans liked him as much as us, very sad. 

He’s obviously not as much a legend at Firhill as he is at East End Park, no question, but as others have said he is highly-regarded by most of the support. Always gave 100% and seemed like he had genuine affection for the club and was sad to leave. He played in an absolutely rotten Jags side in his first full season but at least he left on a high with a winners medal at the end of last season. 

8 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Dont think that was anything to.do with wages picked up in football. I'll leave it at that emoji51.png

He had his motor taken off him when at cowdenbeath. 

Liam, how can you afford this?

I’m a footballer.

Yes Liam, for cowdenbeath, you earned £5000 last year

Must be able to field a semi decent team of Parstick players from the last few seasons?

Scully (maybe not)

Williamson Dowie Devine McMillan

Cardle Hardie Paton Craigen

Buchanan Nisbet 

Manager: Dick Campbell

Done in about 5 mins granted but I’m sure someone as bored as me could muster something better?

52 minutes ago, Acon said:

Must be able to field a semi decent team of Parstick players from the last few seasons?

Scully (maybe not)

Buchanan Nisbet 

Done in about 5 mins granted but I’m sure someone as bored as me could muster something better?

Paul Gallacher and Kyle Turner. 

1 hour ago, Acon said:

Scully (maybe not)

Buchanan Nisbet 

Britton over Buchanan

1 hour ago, Acon said:

Scully (maybe not)

Buchanan Nisbet 

Higginbotham 

Scully (maybe not)
Buchanan Nisbet 

Dowie and Devine at CB with scully in goals. Basically starting every game 0-3 down. That might be the sexiest midfield I’ve ever seen though.

Scully (maybe not)
Buchanan Nisbet 

Reece Cole as captain.

7 hours ago, OwenDAFC said:

Dowie and Devine at CB with scully in goals. Basically starting every game 0-3 down. That might be the sexiest midfield I’ve ever seen though. 

Ray Farningham, Davie Irons and Graeme Robertson would wal into the team. ETA Grant Tierney. 

Edited by Highlandmagyar Tier 3

I suspect that draws won't save PG much longer going by the statement a fortnight ago so we need a win on the board and quickly. I don't think Thistle have a great team but have some good individuals like Bannigan, Docherty and Tiffoney, plus a really good manager in McCall. Saying that, they're certainly a lot better than us as it stands, so can see a fairly close encounter with Thistle edging it 2-0/2-1. 

10 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

I suspect that draws won't save PG much longer going by the statement a fortnight ago so we need a win on the board and quickly.

Honestly don't know what it would take for our board to pull their finger out.

Draws won't save our season.  But anything that can be spun positively will be spun to save Grant, He's without justification become untouchable.   The board have made that clear.

Protecting Grant is not about him; it’s about trying to prove the Board were right and everyone else is wrong. The statement they released proved they’re refusing to accept reality - they made a shitty appointment that almost literally everyone else knew was a glaring error.

Even if/when they do eventually punt him, I have no doubts there will be some petty comment about him not getting treated well by the fans. They won’t apologise for making a terrible decision, for alienating the support and making us a laughing stock.

On 20/10/2021 at 23:33, Cardle is Magic said:

Protecting Grant is not about him; it’s about trying to prove the Board were right and everyone else is wrong. The statement they released proved they’re refusing to accept reality - they made a shitty appointment that almost literally everyone else knew was a glaring error.

Even if/when they do eventually punt him, I have no doubts there will be some petty comment about him not getting treated well by the fans. They won’t apologise for making a terrible decision, for alienating the support and making us a laughing stock.

I would say I feel sorry for Grant, but I just don't. He knows himself he should be sacked but he is adamant he isn't walking. He is quite right to do that if he is getting a good wage for selfish reasons. Why should he give a f*ck what the fans really want?

His comments after the QotS game should have been enough for the board to act and do the right thing. But this Meggle guy seems hell-bent on sticking by him, because him and others involved in recruiting Grant are 100% not willing to admit their mistakes. When their ego becomes much more than doing the right thing, that makes fans disenfranchised with the club. You're seeing that in full effect: low attendances, lifelines being cancelled etc. I think him and the ones employing Grant are the problem tbh. This goes so much further than Grant being an incompetent manager.