Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Ah yes, the same Buchanan that jumped ship to the big team in January 2011 to win the league title. Good times. 

Yeah, you seemed to be able to spend inordinate amounts on improving the team back then . 

How did that work out? 🤔

7 hours ago, 101 said:

How's your pitch holding up? Pretty amazed you've got to October without it being a mud bath tbh.

Grant has to get his second quarter off to a decent start to have any hope of doing anything but battling relegation this season and Particks form is excellent, but any team playing Richard Foster regularly should be conceding plenty opportunities.

Why would Firhill's pitch be a mud bath?

On 17/10/2021 at 14:37, Sting777 said:

I am sure Dunfermline fans will accept a 5/6 goal doing if it means the end for Peter Grant however the bad news is that rumours are rife that Gary Caldwell is ready to leave his Man City gig and chuck his hat into the ring as Granty’s replacement🤣🇩🇪

I’ve heard this too. I did hope that Gaz would be a candidate for the Ton hotseat  when Gus is inevitably paid off. He has loads of good ideas, just needs some time to implement them. 

1 game a week on a grass pitch is fine, if there's a fixture backlog in the winter and we both ending up playing midweek then it might be an issue.

Think we've already had the only scheduled league clash this season where we played Saturday and QP played Sunday though there is another one this weekend as QP got drawn at home in the cup.

edit: Clearly it's not fine if you're sharing with a rugby team which is when the worst of it happened

Edited by Fuctifano

I’ve heard this too. I did hope that Gaz would be a candidate for the Ton hotseat  when Gus is inevitably paid off. He has loads of good ideas, just needs some time to implement them. 
Hahaha yous are at it surely

17 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Thought we could bond over some Joe Cardle but I don't think the Thistle fans liked him as much as us, very sad. 

Joe Cardle was and is an absolute hero. One of very few players we had throughout our relegation season who I actually liked.

I always thought he was a one trick pony when he played against us, but it turns out that while that’s true, it’s a very effective trick. His work rate is outstanding though, and he always seemed to pop up with important goals or assists for us - Think he got the most assists I n the league last season. The 2-2 draw against East Fife last season was basically salvaged by him coming on, and without that I think we’d still be in League One. He also scored the fifth against Falkirk - a delightful way to sign off his thistle career.

I think he left us at the right time, but I’m delighted to see him do well at Kelty, and his coaching academy thing seems to be going well too. A top guy.

All that said, I’m not sure it’s possible to like him as much as Dunfermline fans do. 

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

42 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Thought we could bond over some Joe Cardle but I don't think the Thistle fans liked him as much as us, very sad. 

Think he’s generally pretty well liked by our support.

Not Pars level adulation, but don’t think you’ll find many Jags fans who didn’t appreciate his contribution. Which considering it came in a couple of utterly stinking teams, should probably tell you something about Cardle.