Partick Thistle vs Dunfermline Athletic

We need a win from somewhere - anywhere - but the fact we’re already 3/1 to win next weekend is no surprise. Thistle just scored six away from home and are big favourites.

Gaspuitus seemed to go off with a hamstring injury so I’m guessing he won’t be available. Other than that, can’t see to many unenforced changes.

I am sure Dunfermline fans will accept a 5/6 goal doing if it means the end for Peter Grant however the bad news is that rumours are rife that Gary Caldwell is ready to leave his Man City gig and chuck his hat into the ring as Granty’s replacement🤣🇩🇪

Edited by Sting777

We'll get beat narrowly,  There will be a very minor foul 5 minutes before we concede the first and it'll be the ref's fault for missing that for our defeat. Grant praised for the improvement,  one of the 10 fans who travel will say a bad word at somepoint which will lose us sponsors.

Our first quarter was losing to the leagues better sides, and swatting the poorer ones aside with ease. Hopefully the second half of that will remain true.

From memory, Dunfermline's full backs (Comrie and Edwards, i believe) aren't great defensively, which plays very much into out hands with the strength on our wings, particularly Tiffoney. Connolly and Gaspuitis are undoubtedly better at centre half than the Watson, Comrie, Ross Graham nonsense we faced earlier in the season, but I would still expect Rudden and Graham to pose them plenty of problems.

Akinola and Mayo have looked like an ok defensive pairing for us, and Sneddon hasn't made any big errors in a while, so I'm not quite as worried about that but, on paper, Dunfermline should have enough going forward to cause us issues. Hopefully Holt is back fit, because I'd rather we kept Foster at right back and I'm not sure that Hendrie is fit yet.

Hopefully Deniz Mehmet gets a game. 

3-1 Thistle. Graham with two, Tiffoney with the other. Thomas for the pars.

Our first quarter was losing to the leagues better sides, and swatting the poorer ones aside with ease. Hopefully the second half of that will remain true.
From memory, Dunfermline's full backs (Comrie and Edwards, i believe) aren't great defensively, which plays very much into out hands with the strength on our wings, particularly Tiffoney. Connolly and Gaspuitis are undoubtedly better at centre half than the Watson, Comrie, Ross Graham nonsense we faced earlier in the season, but I would still expect Rudden and Graham to pose them plenty of problems.
Akinola and Mayo have looked like an ok defensive pairing for us, and Sneddon hasn't made any big errors in a while, so I'm not quite as worried about that but, on paper, Dunfermline should have enough going forward to cause us issues. Hopefully Holt is back fit, because I'd rather we kept Foster at right back and I'm not sure that Hendrie is fit yet.
Comrie can defend well if played at RB as he is beginning to now. But yeah Edwards gets a meh from me. He has improved last season but i dont see him as a decent LB and would prefer him as cover for the position at best. But he is what we have available. Literally he is all we have

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Mehmet has been dropped, and whilst OFW should have done better for killies 2nd,  he's largely going through one of his better spells,  very few flaps at the moment. 

Edwards is better going forward than defensively.  Comrie is more than capable going either direction,  in his proper position I'm more than happy with him.  The biggest problem in our wide areas is on wingers go wandering and often aren't there to protect the full backs.

On paper we have good attackers, but yesterday was the only suggestion we've had that we can actually put that theoretical threat into practice. Still a lot lacking for us there.

1 hour ago, Reid said:

10 goals in our last 2 games and Dunfermline not winning all season only means one thing.

Know what you mean. To be honest I thought Friday night tele at Hamilton was a stick on for 1 -0. Bit of confidence we'll keep it up.

How's your pitch holding up? Pretty amazed you've got to October without it being a mud bath tbh.

Grant has to get his second quarter off to a decent start to have any hope of doing anything but battling relegation this season and Particks form is excellent, but any team playing Richard Foster regularly should be conceding plenty opportunities.

Grant will be here for a while if he keeps scraping draws every 2nd week. The bar has been set incredibly low now at EEP. Probably draw this one as well, or narrow defeat. Rinse and repeat.