Raith v ICT clash of the titans

That was the worst refereeing display I've seen at Stark's in many years. The guy was absolutely clueless. Totally inconsistent we were basically  playing against 12 men. Under the circumstances a point is a decent result.

8 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Still feel that was 2 points dropped.  First half was a case if both sides cancelling each other out,  but felt we were better side in 2nd half.  Given the chance at the end it's hard to feel that we shouldn't have won it.

Was impressed with Inverness first half, but I'd be raging if I was an ICT fan at that 2nd half.  At no point did they really take the game by the scruff of neck, and really the team with 10 min shouldn't be finishing stronger.

Its probably a mark of how far we have come that I see that as a bit dissapointing,  and the team spirit is clear to see.

It felt like we were the team that went down to 10 men at the start of the second half. We played as though there were 2 minutes to go and desperately needed a goal. We seemed to go very direct and never got the ball on the deck like we had in the first half.

Like @RiG has mentioned it is becoming a bit worrying. Without trying to sound greedy, considering the start we have had, but if we want to win or even challenge for the title we should have been getting at least a point away to Hamilton after they went down to 10 men early on and winning the game today. Even a point today would have been fine if we had played well in the second half and just been unlucky cause the keeper made a handful of saves but that wasn’t the case at all. We were lucky to even get a point by the end of it.

16 minutes ago, RavyDavy said:

You can GTF with patter like that 

If you are being serious, you are very welcome to debate the points at issue.

In the meantime, I might say, I'm rather flattered by the unctuous nature of your oratory.

Both teams aren’t that great. The Caley were abysmal and Raith are very average in general. 

I’ll take a point but fuck me, what a shiteshow that was.  Raith were better than the first time we played them but again, we were never losing today. 
So average in general that we played more than half the game against the clear league leaders with 10 men, took the lead and could / should have won it at the last.

Sit doon.

6 minutes ago, Offshore Rover said:

Imagine being at home and 4-0 up with 20 minutes to go… 

Hard to imagine that TBH as that would require us to actually create some chances of note.

Not sure what this Devine hack is that is being referred to. He did win a header against Poplatnik that saw the Raith lad clatter into him and the game was rightly stopped because of the head knock. I think that Duffy did have a hack at Poplatnik , possibly in the lead up to the goal, which could have seen action taken but the referee was so pish he probably would have sent off Poplatnik.

The player did get a yellow after we scored, LiveScore has it down as Allardice. I didn’t immediately think it was a clear red card, but from a distance and with my Rovers-tinted glasses it looked a worse challenge than the one Matthews was sent off for.

The late swipe from MacGregor was however a red for me. He could’ve just tripped Spencer but chose to lunge in hard. Too late in the game for it to be one to be really upset about I guess.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

The player did get a yellow after we scored, LiveScore has it down as Allardice. I didn’t immediately think it was a clear red card, but from a distance and with my Rovers-tinted glasses it looked a worse challenge than the one Matthews was sent off for.

Ah yeah I remember that now that was Allardice as you say.

16 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

So average in general that we played more than half the game against the clear league leaders with 10 men, took the lead and could / should have won it at the last.

Sit doon.

Yes, average.  Decent enough but nothing to write home about. 

33 minutes ago, sophia said:

In the meantime, I might say, I'm rather flattered by the unctuous nature of your oratory.

Waste of my time, clearly trolling so the GTF still stands.

45 minutes ago, sophia said:

I’ll bite..

Devine won the ball in an aerial battle = the ball was literally away to land at poplatniks head until Devine steam rolled in leading with arm and produced a rugby union style body check to ‘gently’ move  poplatnik out the way. 

Macgregor was a clip = macgregor participated in an out of control lunge with no intention of winning the ball, therefore endangering the opponent, to prevent a breakaway.

I mean even if you thought macgregor clipped his heels,  the fact macgregor was on the deck would surely lead you to the fact is was a sliding tackle, no? 

Edited by Holy Marv

2 minutes ago, Holy Marv said:

I’ll bite..

Devine won the ball in an aerial battle = the ball was literally away to land at poplatniks head until Devine steam rolled in leading with arm and produced a rugby union style body check to ‘gently’ move  poplatnik out the way. 

Macgregor was a clip = macgregor participated in an out of control lunge with no intention of winning the ball, the gore endangering the opponent, to prevent a breakaway.

I mean even if you thought macgregor clipped his heels,  the fact macgregor was on the deck would surely lead you to the fact is was a sliding tackle, no? 

I'm glad we generally agree on Devine but I would pitch his challenge as assertive rather than gentle. However, I'm not sure where the body check aspect is at issue. There was no body check.

As for MacGregor, since when has a sliding tackle been illegal? He simply impeded his opponent. Cynical, yes and in the context always a booking

I could be wrong or thinking of the wrong tackle but the one MacGregor got booked for he didn’t slide in? He held the boy back and had a swipe at him but it wasn’t a lunge at all. It was a booking and nothing more.