Raith v ICT clash of the titans

13 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

On the subject of the refereeing,  how the f**k did Devine hacking down Poplatnik result in a drop ball for Inverness?

Perhaps there has been refreshing afoot and that would explain some of the quite frankly curious debating points.

Devine won the ball in an aerial challenge but in the process his opponent seemed to succumb to an injury. The referee stopped play to ensure his welfare was prioritised. He quite rightly restarted play in the manner he did.

As for the MacGregor foul, it was a clip that prevented a breakaway, a professional foul if you will. It wasn't even in the same postcode in terms of severity as the earlier red card.

Not buying this ‘zanatta was poor’ pish from the past two weeks. Teams have cottoned on to the fact he’s our main threat and double up on him. Last week and this week got 2 assists after being pretty much marked out the game is exceptional and he puts in an absolute shift. 
Zannata was poor today. He only came to life in the second half when calley were giving him more space, which resulted in him setting up our goal and being much more like his normal self. So I agree with what you've said. It's similar to how Kennedy was doubled up on last season imo. I do think that he generally didn't play as well as we know he can today though. His passing and movement was a bit off in the first half, but again that is most likely down to him being doubled up on.

Zannata has been a great signing. He's allowed to have a dip in form after the start he had...

14 minutes ago, sophia said:

Perhaps there has been refreshing afoot and that would explain some of the quite frankly curious debating points.

Devine won the ball in an aerial challenge but in the process his opponent seemed to succumb to an injury. The referee stopped play to ensure his welfare was prioritised. He quite rightly restarted play in the manner he did.

As for the MacGregor foul, it was a clip that prevented a breakaway, a professional foul if you will. It wasn't even in the same postcode in terms of severity as the earlier red card.

Christ.. you are wild with some of these 😂😂😂 you ok? Did you forget your specs??

In the lead up to the equaliser, did the referee not get in the way of a pass from Tait which then handed possession to ICT in the first place? I thought the ref was meant to stop the game in that instance, or has that rule been dropped this season? 
Great second half from us after being miles off it with our passing in the first, and a well earned point. 
Nope the rule is stop and give the passing team a free drop ball

I'll reserve judgement on the red until I see it again on video, however how is sything down a player from behind not dangerous play ? granted both challenges were the opposite side of the halfway line from the South Stand but consistency from ref's is all I ask for, that guy today was the worst ref I have ever seen, was asked how much injury time was going to be played, my response was until Inverness score

To the game - not the best, ICT did a good job in closing us down quickly and not allowing our usual pass and move style, that said we were clearly not at the races today, 2nd half just seemed to be hoof it clear and hope to pick up the odd counter attack which worked well, a point apeice was probably fair on the balance of play, ICT had more of the ball but created very few chances, we had a few good opporunities that on another day would have been taken.

Only winners from that game are Killie, just hope the 2 injuries aren't too serious and please Rovers appeal that red card.

Edited by keyser_soze

3 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

…just hope the 2 injuries aren't too serious and please Rovers appeal that red card.

Agreed, disagree… Railway Stand video view didn’t look favorable to appeal, and Pars/Ayr is as good a weak pair as we see coming up, so I’d let it go.

To the game - not the best, ICT did a good job in closing us down quickly and not allowing our usual pass and move style,

I think, inverness were probably the fastest team i have seen closing us down. Felt like as soon as we got the ball they were right on us. Although others team have done it as well, but i would say not with the pace inverness did, which is a credit to dodds and the players.

Inverness were very well drilled and organised. Clearly done their homework on us and got in our faces the whole game. They also showed discipline throughout the team, no major rash challenges, just little niggles here and there. 100% see why they are top of the league. 

As for us, we’ll we didn’t get the space to play but thought our second half was particularly good considering we had 10 men. Zanatta’s chance at the end tho… oh dear 🤦🏻‍♂️ Should have been the winner! 

10 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

I think, inverness were probably the fastest team i have seen closing us down. Felt like as soon as we got the ball they were right on us. Although others team have done it as well, but i would say not with the pace inverness did, which is a credit to dodds and the players.

QOS did a decent job of it, as you said ICT were better, bit like last season, teams suss us out but we really don't have a plan B or C

Just now, keyser_soze said:

QOS did a decent job of it, as you said ICT were better, bit like last season, teams suss us out but we really don't have a plan B or C

I don't understand why every team doesn't do it. You'd think we would be easy to play against. Close us down at the back and we're totally clueless. 

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Agreed, disagree… Railway Stand video view didn’t look favorable to appeal, and Pars/Ayr is as good a weak pair as we see coming up, so I’d let it go.

Really good point, appeal and lose and potenially harder opponents, add that Ethan Ross has had a bit more gametime we have a decent replacement in mid with BRS as backup

1 minute ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

I don't understand why every team doesn't do it. You'd think we would be easy to play against. Close us down at the back and we're totally clueless. 

Can't argue with that, has cost us goals in the past when we fanny about with sideways passing

We were lucky not to lose that today. I felt we had a lot of the ball in the first half but we created nothing of any note whatsoever. Raith didn't really do much but they at least managed a shot on goal when Connolly (I think) cracked an effort goalwards but it was deflected wide. That genuinely might have been the first shot of the game and that was around the 40 minute mark. I missed the red card so I can't really comment on it. Raith are pretty good at getting the highlights out quickly so I guess it will be cleared up pretty quickly. I couldn't seem to figure out what our line up was. Seemed that Sutherland was playing wide right with Gardyne left and Welsh, Allardice and MacGregror all moving around the middle of the pitch taking it in turns to push forward to support Mckay.

Second half I feel we regressed a lot. Raith seemed the more capable team despite playing a man down. Again, I struggle to think of anything of note we created before Raith did take the lead bar an curled effort by Sutherland which was sent just wide of the post. The Raith goal was from a lovely run by Zannatta, nice cut back and a smashing finish by Connolly. Although we got back into it after good work down the left side by Gardyne and a well struck effort from Welsh Raith had the best chance to win it when Zannatta found space but, like Sutherland, he failed to wrap his foot around the shot enough to get it on target. Gardyne appeared to play more centrally and almost looked like he had been given a free role to go wherever he wanted. When Doran came on our structure seemed to totally collapse and we played so narrow it was very strange to see. I thought we would have tried to stretch the Raith backline and have Doran or Gardyne attempt to pull players out of position but it never seemed to happen.

I'm a wee bit worried that we are consistently not playing very well. We've only had one really good 45 minutes of football this season and that was the second half against Partick. We had a lot of the ball today and created hee haw with it and Raith, despite only having ten men, should probably have won the game. If we want to seriously challenge for the title we need to improve. a lot.

Not sure what this Devine hack is that is being referred to. He did win a header against Poplatnik that saw the Raith lad clatter into him and the game was rightly stopped because of the head knock. I think that Duffy did have a hack at Poplatnik , possibly in the lead up to the goal, which could have seen action taken but the referee was so pish he probably would have sent off Poplatnik.

On another note Jamie MacDonald is absolutely brilliant. A good keeper and, as always, he took the gentle ribbing we always give him very well. A top guy.

Edited by RiG

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yep, anyone who watches that video footage of Matthews tackle won’t be rescinding that red card.

Hopefully Blaise can do the business.

1 hour ago, sophia said:

You can GTF with patter like that 

Still feel that was 2 points dropped.  First half was a case if both sides cancelling each other out,  but felt we were better side in 2nd half.  Given the chance at the end it's hard to feel that we shouldn't have won it.

Was impressed with Inverness first half, but I'd be raging if I was an ICT fan at that 2nd half.  At no point did they really take the game by the scruff of neck, and really the team with 10 min shouldn't be finishing stronger.

Its probably a mark of how far we have come that I see that as a bit dissapointing,  and the team spirit is clear to see.

15 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

We have a bit more direct threat this season to be fair.  Berra has a decent ball and we have plenty pace up top.  

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

Still feel that was 2 points dropped.  First half was a case if both sides cancelling each other out,  but felt we were better side in 2nd half.  Given the chance at the end it's hard to feel that we shouldn't have won it.

Was impressed with Inverness first half, but I'd be raging if I was an ICT fan at that 2nd half.  At no point did they really take the game by the scruff of neck, and really the team with 10 min shouldn't be finishing stronger.

Its probably a mark of how far we have come that I see that as a bit dissapointing,  and the team spirit is clear to see.

This is pretty much how I left the game. Delighted we got a goal back to get a point but also pretty unhappy that we found ourselves in that situation anyway.