Raith v ICT clash of the titans

The referee managed to be worse than the guy we had last week which says a lot. Absolutely dreadful. Can’t really comment on the validity of the red card other than it looked a bit soft from our end but he appeared itching to give free kicks all game, so perhaps not a great shock. The sending off definitely tipped possession and the game in ICT’s favour but what a performance with 10 men to get the draw. The goal was superb but it was a huge ask to hold on for the remainder of the game. Thought ICT were pretty cautious after equalising and looked happy with a point. 

Delighted with the spirit shown, but not so much with the injuries and suspension we picked up. Although it did show we have strength in depth. Great performance from Poplatnik especially. 

Bring on the Pars! 

12 minutes ago, embow said:

As has been pointed out elsewhere that's the same Colin Stevens that was at the heart of the Todarov nonsense with Davo. He's not even Sunday League level.

Looks like an angry wee boy whose socks are too long for him.

I'm willing to bet he goes to bed with his yellow card under his pillow and his red card in his pyjama pocket.

Edited by Specky Ginger

11 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Don’t think it was a straight red a booking for me if indeed it was a unfair challenge , What’s the difference between that challenge and the one with Caleys number 12 on Brad spencer not to mention broadfoot elbowing poplatnik  in the face when already on a yellow , Consistence is all I want yet rovers didn’t receive any of this today from the officials hopefully Rovers appeal the red and  he could still play against the Pars and hopefully get the red overturned . This team ran themselves into the ground today so well done lads and as for Colin Stevens away back to public park Sunday league games because that’s your level

If I may be so bold, we should try to get it retracted. The referee over reacted big time. 

5 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

The referee managed to be worse than the guy we had last week which says a lot. Absolutely dreadful. Can’t really comment on the validity of the red card other than it looked a bit soft from our end but he appeared itching to give free kicks all game, so perhaps not a great shock. The sending off definitely tipped possession and the game in ICT’s favour but what a performance with 10 men to get the draw. The goal was superb but it was a huge ask to hold on for the remainder of the game. Thought ICT were pretty cautious after equalising and looked happy with a point. 

Delighted with the spirit shown, but not so much with the injuries and suspension we picked up. Although it did show we have strength in depth. Great performance from Poplatnik especially. 

Bring on the Pars! 

Spot on 

8 minutes ago, embow said:

As has been pointed out elsewhere that's the same Colin Stevens that was at the heart of the Todarov nonsense with Davo. He's not even Sunday League level.

Not sticking up for the referee here because I didn’t rate him at all today. 

But calling the Davidson/Todorov incident nonsense is pretty bad craic, especially when Davidson was banned after it. 

1 minute ago, Central Belt Caley said:

But calling the Davidson/Todorov incident nonsense is pretty bad craic, especially when Davidson was banned after it. 

Steven completely lost the plot that night - he missed the hands raised to Davidson after Todorov went down because he was too busy looking for his red card in his pocket.

You seriously have to wonder what sort of muppet within the SFA thought it was a good idea to appoint him to this fixture again.

Absolutely shocking challenge on Spencer late on. Red card all day long.

I honestly thought the worst two challenges in the game were from Caley in the second half - the foul on Poplatnik in the build-up to our goal, and the scythe on Spencer late on to stop a counter. Obviously we were a long way from both as well as the Matthews red, so I could be wrong on all three but I’d like to know why the ref thought Matthews’ was a red and those two were yellows. Sadly we never will.

Terrific second half from the Rovers. Caley obviously had more of the ball but we were the bigger threat by a distance. Zanatta has to score at the death, he just has to.

Feels like two points dropped to me but clearly we’d have taken a draw at half time. The hoodoo continues.

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

I honestly thought the worst two challenges in the game were from Caley in the second half - the foul on Poplatnik in the build-up to our goal, and the scythe on Spencer late on to stop a counter. Obviously we were a long way from both as well as the Matthews red, so I could be wrong on all three but I’d like to know why the ref thought Matthews’ was a red and those two were yellows. Sadly we never will.

Terrific second half from the Rovers. Caley obviously had more of the ball but we were the bigger threat by a distance. Zanatta has to score at the death, he just has to.

Feels like two points dropped to me but clearly we’d have taken a draw at half time. The hoodoo continues.

100% that’s my issue if Mathews was a red then fine but it was no worse than the 2 tackles made by the two caley players that you described in fact the tackle on spencer was worse straight from behind as we made a break away 

Both teams aren’t that great. The Caley were abysmal and Raith are very average in general. 

I’ll take a point but fuck me, what a shiteshow that was.  Raith were better than the first time we played them but again, we were never losing today. 

11 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

I've never had any problem accepting the vast majority of Davidson's reds over the years due at times to his headless chicken approach, but the guy was unjustly treated in that game and the SFA aftermath. It was the nonsense after the Todarov play acting that he completely missed because he could not flash his red card quickly enough.

50 minutes ago, grumswall said:

Quite honestly I think mcglynn just got his tactics spot on in the second half. Poplatnik is an absolute nuisance for defenders and with Connolly and zannata (who was poor today) we are pretty capable of counter attacking teams effectively. We just sat deep in the second half and gave little space for you to work with.

Overall we can't grumble with a point but the chance zannata had near the end should have been a goal. It's a shame he didn't just open his body up and take it with his right foot. He had all the time in the world to do so. His run for our goal was fantastic though and it was a great finish from Connolly. It didn't look like a red card from where I was but I don't think it really had a massive bearing on the final result today. The first half was limited in any action happening up until that point and I'm not sure the second half would have been any different until that red card.

Obvious downside to today for us is losing bene and varian through injury and obviously Matthews is now suspended. A draw is a decent enough result but I really do think we should have shaken this hoodoo we seem to have today.

Not buying this ‘zanatta was poor’ pish from the past two weeks. Teams have cottoned on to the fact he’s our main threat and double up on him. Last week and this week got 2 assists after being pretty much marked out the game is exceptional and he puts in an absolute shift. 

On the subject of the refereeing,  how the f**k did Devine hacking down Poplatnik result in a drop ball for Inverness?

That one was weird. Looked like a forearm, completely poleaxed Poplatnik. Drop ball to Inverness [emoji23]

Horrific refereeing performance today.

Definitely one of those referees that if there is any doubt against your team he’ll just fucking blow the whistle. Some of the decisions were embarrassing. 

Would have taken the point beforehand but came away feeling we really should have probably won it. 

In the lead up to the equaliser, did the referee not get in the way of a pass from Tait which then handed possession to ICT in the first place? I thought the ref was meant to stop the game in that instance, or has that rule been dropped this season? 

Great second half from us after being miles off it with our passing in the first, and a well earned point. 

In the lead up to the equaliser, did the referee not get in the way of a pass from Tait which then handed possession to ICT in the first place? I thought the ref was meant to stop the game in that instance, or has that rule been dropped this season? 
Great second half from us after being miles off it with our passing in the first, and a well earned point. 

No, pass was cut out.