Raith v ICT clash of the titans

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Yes, average.  Decent enough but nothing to write home about. 

That's understandable tbf. I don't think either of the sides today will think that they've put in their best performance. I felt Rovers played the occasion well considering we went down to ten men for all of the second half, but even when it was 11 a side we were exceptionally sloppy in possession and created very little. It's probably the first game I've seen this season where neither team has created very many clear cut chances and a draw was probably a fair result even if we did miss a sitter at the end. 

No danger we're appealing that. You can see why he's gone for it but McKay gets himself in between the man and the tackle and the referee has to make an immediate decision.

Superb finish from Connolly for the goal. Completely forgot about that penalty shout in the second half. Zanatta's miss doesn't look as bad for me in hindsight. Weaker foot and he's got a fair amount to do if he's to score.

Disagree regarding the penalty. That was never a red card!
Might not even have been a yellow for some referees.
Yes his leg was extended and off the ground but he got the ball fairly. The wee boy officiating couldn't get the card out quickly enough to make a name for himself. I hope that this is appealed.

Genuinely can't beleive you have people saying that's not a red, that's a horrendous tackle. Doesn't even touch the ball but comes steaming in from 15-20 yards studs up and catches the bloke above the ankle, good job his foot wasn't on the floor or he's breaking his leg. 

Look at Mathew's in the immediate aftermath, he knows he's fucked it. 

Edited by Grant228

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Genuinely can't beleive you have people saying that's not a red, that's a horrendous tackle. Doesn't even touch the ball but comes steaming in from 15-20 yards studs up and catches the bloke above the ankle, good job his foot wasn't on the floor or he's breaking his leg. 

Look at Mathew's in the immediate aftermath, he knows he's fucked it. 

A glancing blow at best, 2 seconds later McKay looks like he's auditioning for Strictly. 

Looked at it again, and the red, IMHO, is based upon the cutting the plant foot with his trailing leg. That is, in and of itself, dangerous play, as it risks severe injury to the tackled player. I highly doubt we appeal it.

Yeah that’s definitely a red card, unfortunately. Given the angle in the south stand and the reaction of other players it didn’t seem anything bad at the time. I think if he’d been booked during the game nobody would have even been talking about it afterwards as anything contentious given the position of both sets of fans. However, when you see the side on angle it’s a nailed on red card.

I might be in the minority but the handball shout is never a penalty either. It’s the type of thing you claim for when you feel there has been an injustice against you earlier in the game but the players hand is right at his side. I’d be raging if a penalty was ever given against us for that.

Not a sitter at the end by any means but Dario has to at least hit the target and you can tell by his reaction, he knows that. A shame because it was a nicely worked move and the celebrations would have been outstanding.

All in all a good point given the circumstances and certainly more than I was expecting at half time but still feels like an opportunity missed, we’ll never know how it could have turned out if it stayed 11v11.

Just a quick note, what’s happened to the youngsters up the back of the stand, are they still going? They really helped create a good atmosphere at home games before the pandemic and at the start of the season but I felt the last 2 games have been a bit flat.