Raith v ICT clash of the titans

If we'd been able to put Poplatnik on as a second half sub, instead of on early doors, I wonder how that might've turned out. He was phenomenal, particularly when we needed out in that second half, but he couldn't barely move at full time. 

A very good, if very expensive, point. If only Zanatta had finished that chance at the end. Would've been bedlam. I don't know why he took it on his left! 

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

A fair result.

What's the score with the Raith management in Rangers colours? Is there no dark blue jackets available.

Any blue will do. We've alternated between different shades of blue over many decades but especially the last thirty. 

13 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If we'd been able to put Poplatnik on as a second half sub, instead of on early doors, I wonder how that might've turned out. He was phenomenal, particularly when we needed out in that second half, but he couldn't barely move at full time. 

A very good, if very expensive, point. If only Zanatta had finished that chance at the end. Would've been bedlam. I don't know why he took it on his left! 

Poplatnik would have been my man of the match. Held the ball up excellently and showed really good intelligence in winning corners and picking his passing.

5 minutes ago, renton said:

Poplatnik would have been my man of the match. Held the ball up excellently and showed really good intelligence in winning corners and picking his passing.

Agreed. Much like Varian, he didn't really get himself into a lot goalscoring positions, but he offered a lot more outside the box, bringing others into the game and knocking the opposition 30 yards back down the pitch. 

Would have taken a point before the game but the way we came out and performed in the second half was woeful. Playing against 10 men and we seemed to lose all composure on the ball and were desperate to get it forward as quickly as possible. If we kept playing the way we did in the first half I reckon we could have created a few great chances to take all three points.

An awful goal to lose from our point of view. It was a very good goal but should never be happening when you have an extra man.

Like most folk I would have taken a point before the game but give this team its due they never give up.  No serious damage done though Killie are up to second and we're down to third.  Onwards to the dark side on Tuesday and see if we can beat the 'draw' merchants🤣

Wasn’t a great fan of Wallace Duffy at right back, I’d imagine Carson goes straight back in when he’s back/ready

Woeful second half from us and Raith could’ve won it I reckon

Would like to see the Raith red card again before I comment as I didn’t really see it at the time. Was fearing the worst when Roddy Macgregor hauled down the breaking Raith player (no idea who it was)

Still a good point taken against a very good team 

Would have taken a point before the game but the way we came out and performed in the second half was woeful. Playing against 10 men and we seemed to lose all composure on the ball and were desperate to get it forward as quickly as possible. If we kept playing the way we did in the first half I reckon we could have created a few great chances to take all three points.
An awful goal to lose from our point of view. It was a very good goal but should never be happening when you have an extra man.
Quite honestly I think mcglynn just got his tactics spot on in the second half. Poplatnik is an absolute nuisance for defenders and with Connolly and zannata (who was poor today) we are pretty capable of counter attacking teams effectively. We just sat deep in the second half and gave little space for you to work with.

Overall we can't grumble with a point but the chance zannata had near the end should have been a goal. It's a shame he didn't just open his body up and take it with his right foot. He had all the time in the world to do so. His run for our goal was fantastic though and it was a great finish from Connolly. It didn't look like a red card from where I was but I don't think it really had a massive bearing on the final result today. The first half was limited in any action happening up until that point and I'm not sure the second half would have been any different until that red card.

Obvious downside to today for us is losing bene and varian through injury and obviously Matthews is now suspended. A draw is a decent enough result but I really do think we should have shaken this hoodoo we seem to have today.

Don’t think it was a straight red a booking for me if indeed it was a unfair challenge , What’s the difference between that challenge and the one with Caleys number 12 on Brad spencer not to mention broadfoot elbowing poplatnik  in the face when already on a yellow , Consistence is all I want yet rovers didn’t receive any of this today from the officials hopefully Rovers appeal the red and  he could still play against the Pars and hopefully get the red overturned . This team ran themselves into the ground today so well done lads and as for Colin Stevens away back to public park Sunday league games because that’s your level

Edited by basher brash