Raith v ICT clash of the titans

12 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Yeah it's pleasing that our best striker is at the front of the attacking 4 now.

I wasn't too bothered about Mackay signing, but I have to hold my hands up and say that so far it looks he's got his second wind as a striker and long may it continue.

Just now, SandyCromarty said:

I wasn't too bothered about Mackay signing, but I have to hold my hands up and say that so far it looks he's got his second wind as a striker and long may it continue.

I was absolutely thrilled when he signed. I knew it was happening about a month before it was announced so was fairly hard for it.  I was completely non plussed about signing Duku having never seen him play before along with his poor goalscoring record.

14 hours ago, Wardy said:

Oh that doesn’t bode well if he’s benched already. That’s sooner than he was with us FFS. 😂 Surely you’d must have noticed the smattering of toys lying about the stadium. He’ll be wanting to leave soon. 😂

That might explain his 16 teams in 11 years.

Hopefully this can finally be an end to the Inverness hoodoo. Pretty sure since our last win over Inverness in October 2000, the only other clubs we have played and not beaten are Motherwell (who we’ve only played once) and Celtic.

Although Inverness have been a better side than us for most of that period, it is quite a ridiculous run when you think we have beaten Aberdeen (twice), Rangers (twice), Hearts (once) and Hibs (4 times) despite playing all those sides significantly less than Inverness.

On this match, it’ll be another tough game. However, our record in recent weeks against the sides around us (Killie, Partick Thistle and Arbroath) has been good so hopefully that can continue here. There doesn’t tend to be a lot of goals in Inverness league games so expect a tight match and if there’s a winner it’ll be by a single goal.

Only selection decision for McGlynn is whether to play Ross from the start but I think he’ll introduce him from the bench for another week. Poplatnik for Varian has been discussed in recent weeks but McGlynn has stuck with Ethon and after probably his best performance at the weekend I’d expect he will keep his position.

I’ll go for a 1-1 draw, Varian for us and McKay or possibly Duku for Inverness.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

I was absolutely thrilled when he signed. I knew it was happening about a month before it was announced so was fairly hard for it.  I was completely non plussed about signing Duku having never seen him play before along with his poor goalscoring record.

It must have been the worst kept secret up here. It seemed to take such a long time for it to be official.

Just now, PB1994 said:

It must have been the worst kept secret up here. It seemed to take such a long time for it to be official.

There was a clause in his contract that needed to be added in to do with a knee op he had I believe. 

5 hours ago, R.R.FC said:

Hopefully this can finally be an end to the Inverness hoodoo. Pretty sure since our last win over Inverness in October 2000, the only other clubs we have played and not beaten are Motherwell (who we’ve only played once) and Celtic.

Although Inverness have been a better side than us for most of that period, it is quite a ridiculous run when you think we have beaten Aberdeen (twice), Rangers (twice), Hearts (once) and Hibs (4 times) despite playing all those sides significantly less than Inverness.

I never thought that there was a big win gap between us but I got a surprise when I checked the stats.

24 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Are there any teams who are a bogey team for Caley? It feels like everyone has a shit record against them.

Thistle and Aberdeen have pretty good records against us. As in they win most of the time we play either.

MacKay to open the scoring, with Zanatta and Poplatnik hitting back to win it for Raith, 2-1. Ross and Poplatnik as 65’ subs for the more tired or less effective of Zanatta or Connolly and Varian. Duku as a desperate 80th minute sub.

I think it's fair to assume that Carson will be missing for this one.  Duffy seems to be completely out of favour, while Harper has looked poor this season.  Allardice didn't really look great at full back last Saturday.  Welsh played there for Partick, but I wonder if he's too influential a midfielder now to stick him back there.  

Is a back three an option?  A 3-4-3 would be an opportunity to get Gardyne, Mckay, Sutherland, Duku and one of Doran and Walsh on from the start.  3-5-2 might also work.

Carson has been excellent against us the last few times, sad to see him missing out for such a reason. 

I agree with the prior poster who thought Ethan Ross would stay on the bench. While I wouldn't be shocked to see him start, I don't think McGlynn will want to leave out either Connolly or Zanatta at this stage. 

Having Ross and and an invigorated Poplatnik to come off the bench feels like a significant upgrade on our alternatives a month or two ago. Despite our Caley Thistle hoodoo, we should be full of confidence going into this one. 

Got to beat Inverness at some point, might as well be Saturday.

Spencer has been excellent recently, Dario was anonymous for large parts on Saturday, perhaps Super might think about starting Ross who looked lively. Good to have genuine options in the wide areas.

Duku to need treatment while warming up 10/1.

4 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Are there any teams who are a bogey team for Caley? It feels like everyone has a shit record against them.

We had quite a few years where we always seemed to get pumped by Motherwell.

29 minutes ago, OhnononoGeordieMunro said:

Got to beat Inverness at some point, might as well be Saturday.

Spencer has been excellent recently, Dario was anonymous for large parts on Saturday, perhaps Super might think about starting Ross who looked lively. Good to have genuine options in the wide areas.

Duku to need treatment while warming up 10/1.

Yes lets not start our leading scorer( Dario) and who had an assist on the goal, if the ball does nougat to his side hard to be involved