Bring back 3 former player (bit of fun)

Ryan 'outjumped by josh falkingham' stevenson?   Adams who achieved very little outside of keeping physios busy.  These might be good ayr players, but they are nothing compared to the legends other clubs can produce.
Suppose that's what happens when most of your fanbase have never seen your club achieve even approaching any success.

Ryan Stevenson was completely and utterly done by that point. He was a more than decent Premiership player on his day and if we had him in his prime now he would absolutely run riot in this league.

I’m not too fussed about the “legends” that other folk on here are naming. The Ayr players listed on here would be more than comfortable in this league.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Glad I’m not an ayr fan,  nearly every single side could bring back a dozen of so players who could dominate this league and these guys are struggling to name a decent player apart from shankland.

Clearly too young to know anything about some of the p!ayers mentioned. How many of the Pars players listed have captained a side to an Eng!ish League Cup victory or played in a World Cup?

3 hours ago, RedEd said:

Clearly too young to know anything about some of the p!ayers mentioned. How many of the Pars players listed have captained a side to an Eng!ish League Cup victory or played in a World Cup?

I'm sorry I'm not a pensioner, neither a most of your fanbase, which is why they are mostly listing players who finished 4th in this league as if that was any sort of major accomplishment.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I'm sorry I'm not a pensioner, neither a most of your fanbase, which is why they are mostly listing players who finished 4th in this league as if that was any sort of major accomplishment.

I'm not a pensioner either. I was born a few years after Dunfermline's last major honour.

10 hours ago, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Tommy Burns

Derek McDicken

Manuel Pascali.

(Today - tomorrow's trio might all be entirely different. It don't it difficult to name a consistent top ten, tbh)

That's what I go for except swap McDicken for Eremenko.

I remember being scared of McDicken at my first Killie game.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Stephen O'Donnell
Greg Taylor
No need for anyone else

My answer was going to be the 2012/13 versions of Stephen O'Donnell and Aaron Taylor - Sinclair. Both way too good for this league and would fill the biggest holes in the squad at Firhill. 

Since I'm allowed a third I'll go for Martin Hardie just over Chic Charnley based on the current system we're playing tho in a vacuum I'd take Charnley as the comfortably better player. 

Edited by Fuctifano

9 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Glad I’m not an ayr fan,  nearly every single side could bring back a dozen of so players who could dominate this league and these guys are struggling to name a decent player apart from shankland.

Glad I’m not a Pars fan. Sitting at the bottom of the league with 0 (Zero) wins and Peter Grant steering the ship. 

8 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Ryan Stevenson was completely and utterly done by that point. He was a more than decent Premiership player on his day and if we had him in his prime now he would absolutely run riot in this league.

I’m not too fussed about the “legends” that other folk on here are naming. The Ayr players listed on here would be more than comfortable in this league.

You're continuing to make the point you think you're arguing against.

Ayr: A handful of players who would be "more than comfortable" in the second tier.

Kilmarnock (for example, fans of other teams feel free to chip in): Tommy Burns, David Provan, Gordon Smith, Kris Boyd, Steven Naismith, Jim Stewart, Stephen O'Donnell, Greg Taylor, Alexei Eremenko, Josh mcGennis, ...

Ouside of one cap for the late Johnnie Doyle, Ayr's last Scottish cap was NINETY Years ago. Other than two Faroe Islanders twenty one years ago, that's yer lot.

Ayr U*nited - Forever in, let's face it, just about every bugger's shadow.

image.jpeg.c97aff93ef0a96c14d42817577bc07ea.jpeg

(Killie 2, Some bunch wearing our training kit 0 - latest meeting)

Stephen Dobbie and Stevie Tosh are an absolute certainty for me. I don't care where the biggest actual deficiencies in the current team are, those two would have to come in. Lot of potential candidates for the 3rd one obviously but based purely on being the best strike partnership in the club's history alongside Dobbie, and though it won't be popular in some quarters, Lyndon Dykes probably for the 3rd one.

1 hour ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

A wonderful goalkeeper for Thistle.

Yep. He had a habit of being piss-poor for Scotland then tipping up against us in that ridiculous tin-foil get-up and stopping everything with legs, face, arse...

Plus, that perm!

1 hour ago, stan3600 said:

Alan Rough??????????

This Saturday is the 50th Anniversary of the most sensational result in Scottish Football History - Alan Rough played a part in newly promoted Thistle's 4-1 League Cup Final over Jock Stein's Celtic featuring several Lisbon Lions and Dalglish, Lou Macari, David Hay and George Connolly. He won two Championship Winners Medals for Thistle teams which absolutely strolled the Second Tier.

Alan Hansen and Mo Johnston also played for Thistle in the second tier when they were youngsters - like Roughie, they were clearly light years above this level...and all three are way better than just about every player named in this thread.

Alan Rough won 53 Scottish Caps, played in two World Cups, saved Scotland from a drubbing in the Maracana and nutmegged Kevin Keegan at Hampden. It's a bit bizarre that the suggestion that he might improve our current squad is being queried by someone who has nominated players who were not even household names in their own homes.