Bring back 3 former player (bit of fun)

If the question was just our three best players the answer would be different, but I think the intention was for the three players that would integrate into and improve the current team.

For me the area where we lack the most is goal scorers. So I’d go for;

Craig Brewster
Gordon Dalziel

And I’d add Colin Cameron as he’d be a worthy replacement for Hendry in the centre of the park.

With those three slotted into our current team we’d win the league at a canter.

Just now, WhiteRoseKillie said:

Tommy Burns

Derek McDicken

Manuel Pascali.

(Today - tomorrow's trio might all be entirely different. It don't it difficult to name a consistent top ten, tbh)

I'd love for Tomy Burns to be back just so as he wasn't gone.  A genuinely fantastic human being.  A sad loss.

Now if we are integrating into the current team it leads to an interesting scenario.  

McAdams

McAllister Rose Adams Reading 

Salkeld Crawford Murdoch Maxwell

Adeloye Bradley

I can't believe I'm not including Lawrence Shankland or Alan Forrest here but the current team has deficiencies so big elsewhere that they need to miss out :lol:

Two good centre backs and a decent partner for Murdoch in centre midfield does the job for me. 

8 hours ago, Slipmat said:

My father and grandfather always spoke in glowing terms about Jocky Dempster and Tommy O'Hara but they both left the year before I started going to games.  Maybe some older posters may choose them?

Dempster and O'Hara were both fine players. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Glad I’m not an ayr fan,  nearly every single side could bring back a dozen of so players who could dominate this league and these guys are struggling to name a decent player apart from shankland.

Stevenson, Rose, Crawford, Kerr and Adams would probably be up there as one of the best in their respective positions. Just like they were when they actually played for us.

2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Glad I’m not an ayr fan,  nearly every single side could bring back a dozen of so players who could dominate this league and these guys are struggling to name a decent player apart from shankland.

They're probably young. Not an Ayr fan but the late, great John Sludden for one would do a job in this League

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Stevenson, Rose, Crawford, Kerr and Adams would probably be up there as one of the best in their respective positions. Just like they were when they actually played for us.

Ryan 'outjumped by josh falkingham' stevenson?   Adams who achieved very little outside of keeping physios busy.  These might be good ayr players, but they are nothing compared to the legends other clubs can produce.

Suppose that's what happens when most of your fanbase have never seen your club achieve even approaching any success.